no sound when on acc. power WTF!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01smellytahoe

Reaction score
It's not that big of a deal but I installed a pioneer deh4900 this weekend and when i have it on acc. it plays for about thirty seconds and then all the sound quits. I have to leave it off for at least 10-15 min. If I start the truck right away it still will not play. If I get in and start the truck right away it's fine. Anybody have anything similar? All connections are tight. fuses look good. I have the amp ready to install but not hooked up yet. (wires are there and hooked up to cd player).

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you unhook the battery?

Which harness are you using?(in dash)

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is it the GM 2000? I have 04 Tahoe but the harness would mess with my ECM only when the Remote turn on wire was hooked up. I don't know.

The Guy at Scosche said to unhook the battery and keep resetting it. I just hard wired it in the end. But the harness could be the issue.

I would look into a schematic to make sure the harness actually matches the Stock harness. I just never did.