2000 Yukon SLT, No User Manual, Misc Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlepage

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Yukon SLT from a relative, and he sent me the user manual and extra keys in a package via post, but it was lost. So I am without manual, and not knowing what some of the features are, etc. So I have a few questions.

I only have the ignition key. What other keys might I be missing, and what do they do? I'm thinking I can't lock the center console, and I can't unlock the spare tire. Anything else important?

I discovered how to remove the headrests from the second row seats to fit in more cargo, by pushing something in the little hole. What tool is best for this function? I find a paperclip isn't strong enough. I'd like to leave something in the truck so if I have to fill it, I can remove those head rests.

What's the cargo space specifications? Looks to be 48" wide, and about 76" long with rear door closed. If one has 8' lumber sticking out, and can't close the rear door, what is the best place to tie it down? I don't see any place to do this except for the little loop that you use to close the door. Is there a better place?

Can the side view mirrors be folded in? It looks like they fold, but I don't know how.

Any other neat tips that might not be obvious to someone without the user manual?

mlepage

Reaction score
I didn't know about that site. Looks great, but I'm in Canada. It won't register me, but tells me to go to GM Canada's web site. There, they have a "My GM" area where you can register, but it is pitiful in comparison, and doesn't appear to have any owner manuals. So no luck for me.