Does tint REALLY interfere with Nav???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to darken the back windows and light tint the front windows on the Denali but i've heard rumbings about the tint intereferring with the navigation. Is this a myth or is there some experience talking here? Thanks!

LTZBluez

Reaction score
My two front windows are tinted and I had use FormulaOne Pinnacle tint. I also had heard others experiencing navigation interference and using the ceramic tint will not affect any electronics in the vehicle. Hope this helps...

New cars today don’t have an ordinary radio antenna sticking out of the fender. The antenna is put on the rear window just above the defroster. Also most cars are equipped with advanced electronics such as navigation, cell phones, radar detectors and satellite radio. Because of these new electronics yesterdays metallic window films will cause interference and are not suitable to be applied on your cars windows. Pinnacle is a nonmetallic non-conductive ceramic technology film. Therefore pinnacle will not interfere with radio reception, navigation will work trouble free, cell phones will have better reception and radar detectors will give more accurate warning. Not only is Pinnacle a good choice because it does not affect the electronics in your vehicle but it also performs better than any other film with 50 to 60 percent heat rejection, 99.5% ultraviolet light rejection and a no color change warranty. Pinnacle will make your car look great, protect your investment and perform the way the manufacturer intended it to.

Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both my front side windows tinted and it is 3m tint with metallic and just completed a 3000 mile trip and the nav worked flawlessly! The only problem would be using tint on the front windshield itself as the gps antenna looks upward from the dash.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to darken the back windows and light tint the front windows on the Denali but i've heard rumbings about the tint intereferring with the navigation. Is this a myth or is there some experience talking here? Thanks!

I just had all 8 glass panes tinted with 3M tint, 20% in the 5 rear windows, 27% in my driver and passenger windows, 50% on my front windshield. Around my town there are a lot of "dead zones" where the "no gps" light comes on under the north arrow on the display, but in the neighboring cities of Charleston or Savannah it worked flawlessly, this was before the tint was slapped on, once the tint was put on though it did it with even more consistency. I am getting a new antenna for the nav system installed tomorrow at the dealership so hopefully it'll work properly.

njyukon

Reaction score
My windows are also tinted 22% in the front sides and factory in the rear. I havent had any problems either.