Factory Nav Install- Where to get connectors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have another source for the 2 plugs for the NAV install. It appears JP Customs is not opening!?!? I need the VSS/Cam plug and aux amp plug.

Thanks!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to install one in my 07 LTZ and figured you could order the connectors directly from the dealer? Anyone know if this is possible?

W8NONU

Reaction score
Yes, you can order the pins and connectors from the dealership.

I purchased a rear LCD screen from "tauk." His actual name is Tony Auk. Quick shipping and the item was as advertised.

Winslow

jversagejr

Reaction score
What are both harnesses for? I know one is for VSS what about the other one?

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the aftermarket Denali Backup camera set from Tauk, and it worked amazing. I am using the harness from his camera kit along with the factory camera nad GMX-320 for a near factory rear view camera solution. Will buy parts from him in the future if needed.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the aftermarket Denali Backup camera set from Tauk, and it worked amazing. I am using the harness from his camera kit along with the factory camera nad GMX-320 for a near factory rear view camera solution. Will buy parts from him in the future if needed.

How easy was it to run the wiring for the camera? I am considering buying the same rear camera kit. I have the OEM Nav with the GEN 5 Lockpick... It looks to be basically 'plug and play' other than running the wires to the rear.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I bought one that I want to install.

That is why you currently have two connectors. The Onstar connection uses the existing black plug, but the VSS plug is the brown one and will be the 3rd plug used with the Nav unit.

The Nav unit will have four plug-ins and all will be used if you have rear DVD system. If you do not have the Rear DVD, three will be used, The Brown, Black, and Purple. THe Onstar connection plugs into the Onstar box and the two loose wires (Red and Black) pin into the existing Black plug. The black plug should have two available pin slots. It's very simple. I purchased a nav unit and did the install just a few weeks ago and used the harnesses listed above. You can purchase individual wires/pins and create your own connections, but I elected to spend the money and purchase the already made harnesses.

jversagejr

Reaction score
That is why you currently have two connectors. The Onstar connection uses the existing black plug, but the VSS plug is the brown one and will be the 3rd plug used with the Nav unit.

The Nav unit will have four plug-ins and all will be used if you have rear DVD system. If you do not have the Rear DVD, three will be used, The Brown, Black, and Purple. THe Onstar connection plugs into the Onstar box and the two loose wires (Red and Black) pin into the existing Black plug. The black plug should have two available pin slots. It's very simple. I purchased a nav unit and did the install just a few weeks ago and used the harnesses listed above. You can purchase individual wires/pins and create your own connections, but I elected to spend the money and purchase the already made harnesses.
Thanks for the clarification. I currently have Onstar and XM in my vehicle. Do I still need to wire them or should they be already in the black harness? When you installed your nav unit, did you have a bose or a non bose system? The reason I ask is I have a non bose system but purchased the Bose amp. Do you know where I can get the harness for the bose amp and the wiring directions?

Last edited:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I currently have Onstar and XM in my vehicle. Do I still need to wire them or should they be already in the black harness? When you installed your nav unit, did you have a bose or a non bose system? The reason I ask is I have a non bose system but purchased the Bose amp. Do you know where I can get the harness for the bose amp and the wiring directions?

I know there's more involved when adding a nav unit to a non bose truck, but I think everything else remains the same. I have an LTZ with every option but Nav, so mine was very easy. There's step by step instructions somewhere, either on here or chevroletforum.com that explains what's needed for non bose installs. The Onstar wires need to be plugged into the Black plug regardless if you have BOse system or not. XM is already wired, you dont' have to worry about that. Determine what you need for the Bose system and go from there. If you get the harnesses above, The rest is pretty much "plug and play". PM me if you have any questions during the install.

jversagejr

Reaction score
AJS800, Thanks for all of your help. I will continue looking to see what harness I need for the bose amp.

Colorra

Reaction score
Do I have to use the Bose amp? Can I just get another amp and connect it to the nav using a PAC harness?