rear window unhinged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unhinged

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Suburban with 75k miles. About 1 week ago, the rear window began making a whistling noise while driving. When I inspected it, I found that the hinge had separated from the window. I have probably opened that window 20 times since I purchased the vehicle new in 2003. I phoned the dealer that I purchased it from, they were completely aware of the problem, as they had seen it before, but said I should come it. Their answer was "it can't be fixed, but rather a new rear window should be installed to the tune of $1,000. I contacted GM Customer Service who claimed they had never heard of this problem before, but also stated that the only solution would be to replace the entire rear window.

The vehicle has only been used for pleasure use, never towed a vehicle.

If you have had this happen to you or someone you know google: suburban rear window hinge

[email protected]

mbwagoner

Reaction score
The same thing happened to mine. Don't go through GM, contact a local glass place. Much cheaper and they came to my work to do the install.

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear window hinge

Seems this is the week for the hinge breakdown. Dont call the 800 number as it will get you no where.

If anyone had this replaced by a glass company, how much was it and was it one of the NEW designs put back on?

Please let me know as I need to do the same thing here in jacksonville.

Thanks!