Tape deck delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjames07

Reaction score
Is there anywhere or anything out there that you can replace the factory tape deck in the lower dash area with. I mean anything from a video screen to a blank storage area i just wanna get rid of that tape deck.

Thanks,

Matt

mattjames07

Reaction score
I already put in an aftermarket head unit (pioneer DEH 77P) I was hoping for something like a nav unit or a video screen cause I want to install a drop down for the back seat...I think it was JKmotorsports who had a screen in there just dont know where or how...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I pulled the stock piece out and made one from scratch to house a monitor. I bought the monitor off ebay for $20. It was an 8" overhead unit with a broken hinge, so I took it apart and used just the raw monitor portion of it. Built the new housing and textured and painted to match the rest of the interior.
Centerconsolescreen.jpg

Centerconsolescreen1.jpg

Centerconsolescreen3.jpg

Centerconsolescreen5.jpg

Pioneerback-upcam2.jpg

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did that take you? It looks badass and i've seen only 2 or 3 hoes with a mod like that

mattjames07

Reaction score
I pulled the stock piece out and made one from scratch to house a monitor. I bought the monitor off ebay for $20. It was an 8" overhead unit with a broken hinge, so I took it apart and used just the raw monitor portion of it. Built the new housing and textured and painted to match the rest of the interior.

JKmotorsports -- thanks for the pics, I wish I was as mechanically inclined. I am gonna take the pix to a local shop and see what they can do for me. I noticed in a different thread you were able to show nav on top, movie on bottom and in rear...what HU did you have to run that many video outputs?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pocket

the same pocket for the older body style tahoes and such work great i got mine from the dealer for like $18 pulled the tape deck and the pocket fits perfect works great simple to do as well. i love cheap easy replacement

limeylee

Reaction score
I want to do something cheap and easy to fill the space left by removing my lower CD changer (03 Denali) are there any pockets etc that will fit?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure

i know that the changer in your denali is wider that the pocket was speaking of in the previous post so all i can tell you is check with dealer and see if they have anything

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed mine, gutted the tape deck out, lined it with the same material that is used to line tool box drawers. works great to store remote and cell phone, I have look were I stored pics, when I find them I'll post

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
How long did that take you? It looks badass and i've seen only 2 or 3 hoes with a mod like that
A couple days, including drying time. Thanks for the comment.

JKmotorsports -- thanks for the pics, I wish I was as mechanically inclined. I am gonna take the pix to a local shop and see what they can do for me. I noticed in a different thread you were able to show nav on top, movie on bottom and in rear...what HU did you have to run that many video outputs?
Pioneer D3 HU, a stand alone Directed DVD player in my center console, and Directed headrest monitors. They go through a Directed 7-output video amp. I can play two different movies on all four screens at the same time.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do something cheap and easy to fill the space left by removing my lower CD changer (03 Denali) are there any pockets etc that will fit?

I wouldnt get rid of it I keep it to store some of my cd in there, its kind of convenient just pushing buttons to get em in and out.