Dash question for DD receivers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know quite a few people have done the dash mod to accomadate a DD head unit in a 00-02 tahoe, and when i came to the dash trimming i had a thought. I have some paint missing off my dash bezel and i was gonna replace it to make it look cleaner, my question is, would the bezel only of an 03-06 Tahoe fit in an 02? this would save me the trimming part and the hassle of having to make it look perfect. Thanks for any help.

-Greg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The HVAC control opening is lower on the 03+ bezels, and the lower portion doesn't line up perfect with the center console (if you have the center console option).

boardrider05150

Reaction score
gmc '02 din to '03 and newer double din conversion.

Hi Greg,
I'm glad i found your post. I was looking in this forum to see if anyone had already converted the '02 din to the 03' and newer double din. I wanted to do the same thing and I wanted to know if there are any issues with fit, final look, etc. Could you post pictures when you are done with the conversion. JKmotorsports, I was wondering since the HVAC controls sit lower and the bezel doesn't line up with the '02 center console, would it be possible to replace the '02 center console and put the newer '03 center console to maintain the stock/clean look? Or, if i keep the current '02 console, would it still look stock?(only it will not look lined up?) Since the bezels sits a bit lower, would I be losing the cigarette door cover and the ash tray? Thanks Greg and JKmotor for your time and help. Look forward to seeing the finished product Greg. If anyone else has done the conversion, I would appreciate your input and pictures if you got any.

-Steve

boardrider05150

Reaction score
DD converstion

hey JK,

Thanks for the link. That is an awesome install/conversion. Do you have any links/pictures on how you put the tv where the tape deck used to be. Again, thanks.

-steve

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
hey JK,

Thanks for the link. That is an awesome install/conversion. Do you have any links/pictures on how you put the tv where the tape deck used to be. Again, thanks.

-steve
Centerconsolescreen1.jpg

Centerconsolescreen2.jpg

Centerconsolescreen5.jpg

Centerconsolescreen8.jpg