Idles Rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsthajbear

Reaction score
Hi im a newbie..and i have a 2003 tahoe with the 5.3L. MY engine light is on and it idles rough like if it wants to turn off sometimes it does when its cold outside.I took it to autozone to get the engine light checked and it said something about it clould be the throttle body or oxygen sensor.or the mass air flow sensor..but i replaced the mass air flow sensor last year.PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they actually read the codes for you, or are they just guessing? If they did read them, what are the codes? If not, go to another auto parts store and tell them your check engine light is on and ask them to read the codes and tell you what codes are being displayed. Write them down. Tell us the codes and maybe someone can be of help.

mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your MAF again for any dirt/grease. same with the TB. and also check your battery terminals. make sure there is no corrosion building up.