Sirius in 08 LTZ w/ NAV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevygrl

Reaction score
Hello-

Is there anyone who has installed sirius through the factory nav in an 08 LTZ? Can it be done? Thanks!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-

Is there anyone who has installed sirius through the factory nav in an 08 LTZ? Can it be done? Thanks!

Nothing available yet for the new generations......see what happens with the merger (if it ever happens)

chevygrl

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...saw the SIR-gm3a...not available yet...looks like it is going on the dash..oh well.. :)

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not very technical savvy but I think the box for the XM radio is located inside the glove compartment. What if you replaced the XM box with a SIRIUS box? I would try it and see if it works. But anytime you have to take the truck to the dealer just replace the XM box back in there so they don't tried to feed you some crap about the warranty no longer in effect because you switched boxes.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not very technical savvy but I think the box for the XM radio is located inside the glove compartment. What if you replaced the XM box with a SIRIUS box? I would try it and see if it works. But anytime you have to take the truck to the dealer just replace the XM box back in there so they don't tried to feed you some crap about the warranty no longer in effect because you switched boxes.

Won't work........I wish it was that easy

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a choice right now of signing up after trial for 3 months/$21- save $20, or 1 yr/ save $12, 2 yr/ save $39, or 3 yr/ save $107... 3 months or 3 years are the best discounts. I want to do the 3 months to see if the merger happens during that time, but get this- the fine print says if you do that one you have to go to full price per month after that. No thanks, but what if the merger changed that? Also tempted to do the 3 years, but now afraid of being locked in when better options might be coming in soon. Wish they'd just hurry up and go forward, don't know what the hell the best thing to do is right now. What do you guys think, anyone know how they would play out any options on those packages when the merger happens?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a choice right now of signing up after trial for 3 months/$21- save $20, or 1 yr/ save $12, 2 yr/ save $39, or 3 yr/ save $107... 3 months or 3 years are the best discounts. I want to do the 3 months to see if the merger happens during that time, but get this- the fine print says if you do that one you have to go to full price per month after that. No thanks, but what if the merger changed that? Also tempted to do the 3 years, but now afraid of being locked in when better options might be coming in soon. Wish they'd just hurry up and go forward, don't know what the hell the best thing to do is right now. What do you guys think, anyone know how they would play out any options on those packages when the merger happens?

If you're talking about XM, there are much better deals then this... I just signed up for a one year plan on my Acura for $70. They are desparate for business and will do anything for it. Black Dog, just mention that you saw the $70 1yr special somewhere and that you'd like to get the same deal. I know several folks that when there's came up for renewal, they threatened to cancel and they offered the same $70 deal for a 2nd year.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about XM, there are much better deals then this... I just signed up for a one year plan on my Acura for $70. They are desparate for business and will do anything for it. Black Dog, just mention that you saw the $70 1yr special somewhere and that you'd like to get the same deal. I know several folks that when there's came up for renewal, they threatened to cancel and they offered the same $70 deal for a 2nd year.

I've done the same thing. Works great.

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sirius and xm merged they say you will be able to start picking up sirius channel by the beginning of september

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sirius and xm merged they say you will be able to start picking up sirius channel by the beginning of september

Uh, where did you hear that?

Executives from both companies have stated that XM and Sirius will continue to operate as separate services. Buying another radio to receive programming from the other service will be optional.[32][33][7] However, a unified receiver that can receive programming from both networks would allow subscribers to listen to the entire range of channels

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM/Sirius_merger

Last edited: