Bose speaker replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBart316

Reaction score
I am new to the tahoe world. I was trying to replace the bose speakers with some 6.5" aftermarket speakers i had in my previous vehicle. Upon removing the door panels, I found out that this was not going to be a simple task since the front speakers snap in and the rears are not 6.5".

I was just wondering if anyone had some pointers on the coversion of the front and rear speakers to aftermarket 6.5" speakers?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Both front and rear door speakers are GM's oversized 6.5" (which is really 6.75"). You can install almost any aftermarket 6.5" speakers with no problems. Most speakers will go in with no gaps around the spkr frame and will work great. As far as the "snap-in" stock style speakers go...all you have to do is use self-tapping screws to secure the new speakers.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are 6.5" It may look like they may not but they both will fit, I just did mine recently. I had to mount the mounting plate to the door, first. Marked my holes and then drilled a pilot hole, screwed the plate down then screw the speaker to the mounting plate. Bam your done.

***Oh yeah In the rear, Theres a lil raise lip that holds the speaker in place, I just sanded it down to make it flat to make room for the speaker. You see what I'm talking about when you get the door off.

2561414237_e1b89b1413.jpg

2562222436_76ddd6c4d8.jpg

TheBart316

Reaction score
Thanks. The "lips" in the back were what were giving me fits. I think my aftermarkets my have some weird mounting brackets, too. I just have a slight fear of messing with the factory stuff in case I ever have to go back to it.

KillerB

Reaction score
...your thoughts about??

Well glad you asked....
SPEAKERPODS!!!! The best alternative speaker mounting method out there!! No fiberglass, no bondo, installs in minutes!

Available for the front door in 3 flavors:
With tweeter or not
2573954579_b1a01afc36.jpg

With additional 5-1/4"
2660218829_3e76eaf0e7.jpg

For the rear door:
2574777840_970ecee023.jpg

And now...for the very back. Introducing the D-pillar pod.

2672768041_1e7bc7ea4a.jpg

B

TheBart316

Reaction score
When will the d pillars be available on the site? And how much? Exactly what I've been looking for.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the parking brake clearance on the front pods? I may do some of those just to save the effort of building my own. PM me with a price on the fronts, 6.5" for my kicker RS components.

KillerB

Reaction score
D-pillars are now available on the site.

There isn't any clearance between the parking brake and the front pod when installed. The brake pedal must be bent about 1/2" to clear, it isn't hard to do by hand, and won't effect the function of the brake.

The front pods are available on the site as well.
www.customspeakerpods.com

woldd90

Reaction score
Would you be interested in selling off one of your rear bose speakers? I ripped one taking off some of the trim, putting in a CB antenna.