2/3 McGaughy's Drop with Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 2/3 McGaughy's with the Autoride system? My question is, do you have to bend the linkage rods in the rear for the sensors? And where can i pick up a set of Bump Stops to replace the OEM one's

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to bend or cut them because if not it will continously try to lift the rear of your truck.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to build some on mine with the 3/5, used some grade 8 bolts the same diameter and cut them, then proceeded to thread them to the same pitch as the oem links and voila no more lift. I fvcked around with the links for about an hour until it sat level once the compressor kicked on, best of luck.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to build some on mine with the 3/5, used some grade 8 bolts the same diameter and cut them, then proceeded to thread them to the same pitch as the oem links and voila no more lift. I fvcked around with the links for about an hour until it sat level once the compressor kicked on, best of luck.

Thanks Boost and DenaliAnyone
Boost <- - - - Took you're advise and ordered the lowering kit well i already got it but need some extra time for the Install, i want to do so much more to the Truck but $$$$ is kinda tight now since there is ZERO overtime at work right now.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After lowering, has anyone cut or adjust the front sensor links, can you please explain why or why not ,or no reason to.Thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the shorter links for the front, changes the way the shocks adjust for the road conditions.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Boost,but im not really sure how much to adjust them vesus the rear ones.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fronts aren't much of an issue as long as they're somewhat shorter it will get the job done, rear is a bitch due to the bags.