line level source 02 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to put my subs in my 02 tahoe from my previous vehicle. I have always used aftermarket HU's and RCA cables for the amp.

This time round I think I'm going to keep the OEM HU and run the subs off a line level source.

I know the OEM sub is back there. would this be a good source for an input? I think there are some smaller speakers back there on the pillars too. maybe those? anything wrong with either?

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well there is low level as in RCA jacks to run to the Amp, but there is line level which is what runs directly to your speakers. you either have to use a line out connector or use an amp with a plug to connect to the speaker wire.

my terminology may be askew but thats the gist of it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can use the stock sub for your high level source. Wire colors should be green with black stripe(+) and blue with white stripe(-).

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
So if I am understanding you correctly, one can wire the amp power, ground and remote. Then, using the sometimes supplied wire harness that is included with amps, wire that you your stock speakers. Instead of using RCA wires?

If so that would be cool.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats right thats the high level input but not too many amps have it, plus everytime Ive used this I always get static and Im not to happy with the sound