Really bad alternator whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk what happened, i installed my new avic-d3 in my 02 and my RCAs on my 4 channel whine like no other, its intollerable. the only thing i can think of are to run a new ground wire from the frame or some point to the headunit, or i have my grounds for my amp the rear seat bolts to the body. i think im gonna run a ground wire from that bolt under the body to the frame and see if that helps... any other recomendations would be lovely :ktoe:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all else fails ground the pre outs to the chassis of the HU.

This is usually a Pioneer issue.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Pioneeer has this thing with bad whine sometimes from their HUs. On a lot of their models, the ground between the rca and chassis opens, creating a bad alt whine. Try what WrenchGuy suggested. You can also try running a return path for the ground, between the amp's grd and the radio ground.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went and grounded the RCAs before i read this and it worked like a charm. i mean before i couldnt even sit in the car with it on it was soo loud.