is remote cassette single din?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the remote cassette location a single din? is there a lot to cut away to get an after market motorized LCD screen in there?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it looks way too small to be single DIN. I could be wrong though. I'm intersted in getting rid of the cassette deck too though...there's got to be something more useful that I could shove in there. :D

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It's not a single din. You'd have to modify it to fit anything in there. I installed an 8" screen in mine a while back.
Centerconsolescreen8.jpg

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a single din. You'd have to modify it to fit anything in there. I installed an 8" screen in mine a while back.
Centerconsolescreen8.jpg

JK, that is awesome! What kind of screen did you use, and what are you running through it? I was thinking about running either a navigation system or trying to find some kind of software that displays engine parameters and whatnot on the screen. Not sure if such a thing exists, but it would be cool, especially if I ever get around to running a FI setup.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK, that is awesome! What kind of screen did you use, and what are you running through it? I was thinking about running either a navigation system or trying to find some kind of software that displays engine parameters and whatnot on the screen. Not sure if such a thing exists, but it would be cool, especially if I ever get around to running a FI setup.
Thnx. The screen is actually an overhead unit that had a broken hinge. I bought it for $20 off ebay. I took it apart and made a new housing for the monitor. It has two av inputs, so it's hooked up to my Pioneer D3 Nav unit and a stand alone dvd player in my center console.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a pretty neat job, what did you use for the bezel? I'm guessing you had to make it, I think the cd tray in mine is below the bottom edge.

I guess some MDF and fiberglass would work, like a sub box or something.

great job though

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
that is a pretty neat job, what did you use for the bezel? I'm guessing you had to make it, I think the cd tray in mine is below the bottom edge.

I guess some MDF and fiberglass would work, like a sub box or something.

great job though
Thanks. I made it using mdf and fiberglass, then painted and textured to match.