Chrome Honeycomb Grill ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lizard1

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm wanting to upgrade my factory grill (chrome trim with black honeycomb) to an all chrome honeycomb grill much like another member's tahoe:

111590.jpg

108814.jpg

I believe this is part of a chrome package as I see other chrome parts (door handles, side view mirrors) but am really just interested in the two grill pieces. Any leads would be MUCH appreciated. TIA!

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your Chevy dealer and ask/see what they can do.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm wanting to upgrade my factory grill (chrome trim with black honeycomb) to an all chrome honeycomb grill much like another member's tahoe:

111590.jpg

108814.jpg

I believe this is part of a chrome package as I see other chrome parts (door handles, side view mirrors) but am really just interested in the two grill pieces. Any leads would be MUCH appreciated. TIA!
See response in Tech Discussion.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find. I had several but it was getting late last nite. I'd still check with your Chevy parts guy. I've always been able to get a discount off their retail price amounting to 10%-20%. Just have to ask. Might be cheaper since no shipping charges.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that Tahoe looks a lot like mine...hey wait, it is mine. I knew I recognized the neighborhood.:D

Lizard1

Reaction score
Wow, that Tahoe looks a lot like mine...hey wait, it is mine. I knew I recognized the neighborhood.:D

well, I just finished making my tahoe to be yours's twin - well ' haven't done the side mirrors yet....the grill was a biatch and then it took a little time (and a dead battery) to figure out the door handles but it's all done....Thank God!

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I just finished making my tahoe to be yours's twin - well ' haven't done the side mirrors yet....the grill was a biatch and then it took a little time (and a dead battery) to figure out the door handles but it's all done....Thank God!

Congrats! I have heard the grill project was not easy. I have seen all the aftermarket grills and in my opinion GM got the look right with this grill. I think it is the best looking one built.

Lizard1

Reaction score
the grill is pretty simple - it's just that there are two clips....one on each side that are the pain. they're metal and have a tab in the center of it indented so that they don't slide off. I have a set of tiny screwdrivers that I had to use to pry them off - forget about trying to bend the center indented piece back.

they were so much of a pain, i didn't put them back on the new grill....it's already got several snap on clips and 4 bolts so i don't think it's going anywhere.

any maybe you can check your grill but i realized that the bowtie does not sit flush on the grill/bumper fascia....i reconfirmed it with the old one but just wanted to make sure i didn't screw it up somehow so thought i'd ask you