2000 Tahoe Squeaky Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou2215

Reaction score
Is there a way for me to take off my own doors of my "new body style" 2000 Tahoe LS and lube, grease or oil the mechanism inside and stop the squeak or moan without spending $ 300.00 for the dealer to change the straps?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, just grease or spary lube the hinges if thats where they are squeaking from.

Tree Yukon

Reaction score
Replacement straps

Is there a way for me to take off my own doors of my "new body style" 2000 Tahoe LS and lube, grease or oil the mechanism inside and stop the squeak or moan without spending $ 300.00 for the dealer to change the straps?

Man I'd gladly do it for 200$ Just did my own rear door straps by replacing them with the updated ones. Each strap was about 40$ and once I new what I was doing about 20min per side. I realize most people don't do their own wrenching but it can be done by a some what mechanical person.

Tree Yukon

Reaction score
I tried the lube. The hinges were very rusty and the paint was flakeing off. The lube didn't make any difference. My wife was not likeing the groaning and since I didn't like her groaning at me I replaced them.