New Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcollins_00

Reaction score
Hey Im getting the trailmaster 4x4 lift kit with a 6" front end lift and a 4" rear lift for my 2001 Tahoe LT. What would be the max tire size I can run with this lift?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd assume its 35" tires, but I can't help you with that because I don't have the same Gen. Tahoe with you like everybody else in this paticular side of the forum, if you repost this thread below in the Gen. your car belongs to you will most likely get a response quicker

tcollins_00

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks alot man I didnt even realize i posted it in the wrong section.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd assume its 35" tires, but I can't help you with that because I don't have the same Gen. Tahoe with you like everybody else in this paticular side of the forum, if you repost this thread below in the Gen. your car belongs to you will most likely get a response quicker

Ummm, this is the 2000-2006 forum, he said his 'Ho was an 01, I don't see any forums that separate the LS's from the LT's, so am I missing something? How does that put him in the wrong forum?

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, this is the 2000-2006 forum, he said his 'Ho was an 01, I don't see any forums that separate the LS's from the LT's, so am I missing something? How does that put him in the wrong forum?

It was originally posted in the 2007+ section, a moderator moved it to the correct section (2000-06).

06BlackZ

Reaction score
I have the trailmaster 4 inch lift kit....
it is hands down the best you can get imo right now i am SOOO happy with mine. the complexity of the kit is why you can rarely find them because it requires 3 days to install :)
anyway i am running 315 Lt/ r70/17 bfg at ko with trimming of the plastic in front of the front tires and on the back plastic no big appearance change and all it requires is a pvc pipe saw or some sharp scissors and some sand paper
keep in consideration I do have 1 inch blocks in the back and ford torsion bar keys in the front which makes me around 7 inch lift in the back and 6.5 in the front
before trimming I had minor rubbing but now even on big bumps she never rubs!
hope this helps!

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the trailmaster 4 inch lift kit....
it is hands down the best you can get imo right now i am SOOO happy with mine. the complexity of the kit is why you can rarely find them because it requires 3 days to install :)
anyway i am running 315 Lt/ r70/17 bfg at ko with trimming of the plastic in front of the front tires and on the back plastic no big appearance change and all it requires is a pvc pipe saw or some sharp scissors and some sand paper
keep in consideration I do have 1 inch blocks in the back and ford torsion bar keys in the front which makes me around 7 inch lift in the back and 6.5 in the front
before trimming I had minor rubbing but now even on big bumps she never rubs!
hope this helps!

How Does a 4 in. lift kit with 1 in. blocks give you 7 inches of lift ? Also having a kit that takes 3 days to install does not mean its a good kit :lol: Having a trusted/well known brand, good warranty, good parts, and service makes for a good company. You dont want to be squeaking down the road after only a year of use.

06BlackZ

Reaction score
Well I have talked to numerous installers and they all say it's a great lift but it's really expensive, hard to come by, and includes the most parts and is the most complex. Everyone I have talked to that has had pro comp or fabtech or superlifts has chosen this one over them.
Not to say those lifts aren't nice and good for you.
and i meant to say the reverse.... around 7 inches of lift in the front and 5 in the back makes her pretty level

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you still dont get 2" out of ford keys.

id go with what sells. procomp/superlift ftw please dont buy fabtech i hate the way the trackwidth is spread out in the front.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you still dont get 2" out of ford keys.

id go with what sells. procomp/superlift ftw please dont buy fabtech i hate the way the trackwidth is spread out in the front.

I agree with procomp or superlift, if you got the money go with BDS its by far the best built imo, plus they have lifetime replacment warranty on any part to back up there product.