how much lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh31023

Reaction score
i have a 96 tahoe 2dr. it has no lift and 285\75\16 open country a\t's on factory wheels... I want to run 33x12.50x16's on 16x10's... How much do I have to lift it to get them to fit without scrubbing? can I just install new torsion keys and crank them up? The tires I have now Measure 32.8 x 11 i think

USMCRay

Reaction score
I have a 98 4 dorr hoe with a 3" body lift and 33x12.50 17s. I have plenty of room to even put 35s on it. I have researched the different torsion bar keys and I have been told that on OBS trucks it doesn't do any good. We have enough adjustment with the stock keys. You just have to get an alignment if you crank them too much and they start to put extreme angles on the front suspension.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to clear things up....new torsion keys never ever hurt. the stock keys are ok but new keys will help with handling and a stiffer ride. i was actually looking into a 3 inch body lift my self because its like 2500 for the suspension lift and then i gotta regear and add bigg meaty tires ...yikes... what kind of brand did you use for the lift soldier?