new project radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys ive been gathering all my products for about 6 months now and so far this is what i have...

pioneer z2
onstar adapter
ipod adapter
bluetooth adapter
antena adapter
audison amp SRx4
audison amp SRx1d
morel tempo6 6.5 speakers
morel tempo6c 6.5 speakers
jl stealth box
all i need now is all my wires and i think im ready to go!!!
the problem is i don't now what wires to go with

any thoughts on what i should use?

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like eBay. You can find good quality twisted pair speaker and shilded coax signal cable. There are plenty of power wire and amp kits too.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my stuff from darvex.com, they have pretty good prices. Nice component list by the way.

ddyson05

Reaction score
Please Post Pics

The install looks like it could be a trick, if you could please post as many pics as possible I'm sure it would be appreciated by more than myself. Are you going to use a backup camera, and if so factory or aftermarket? I wish I was saving for 6 months, maybe I could start now...

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i know now what i forgot i need the dam back up camera ...
time to make some calls!!!!

i have 2 ppi amps if any body is interested i bought them but they dont fit under the seats

precision power a600/4
and d500/1

will take best offer!!!! retails on both is over $500

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i ended up buying the stinger pro series for the amp wiring and got the steering wheel control from peripheral as far as the camera i ordered it and it will be here in a few day so i will put that in at a later date+i have to get the mount painted...

so now the fun begins.......
will post pics as soon as im done

Renny

Reaction score
Jazejeff,
I put the z2 with BT and Sirius in my yukon. If you need any advice PM me.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the install went well had a few problems but worked it out .....there still is one issue..

renny;
when you connect via b/t and answer the phone the radio sound goes to mute witch is right..but when i end the call the volume stays at mute i cant figure out how to get it off mute

Sniper_yamaha07

Reaction score
Hi Am Now At This.. Here Is My Problem.. I Have A 07 Tahoe Ls And I Have Been Wanting To Upgrade My Stereo To A Touch Sreen Dvd,bluetooth,navigation. Well I Got The Stereo I Have All The Harness .. Today I Took The Day Off To Install My Stereo When But I Was Unable To Because The Factory Headunit Does Not Have 12v Power.. Where The Heck To I Get Power For My New Unit? I Took It To A Local Stere Shop (the Charged Me $25) For Just Looking At The Harness And Telling Me They Did Not Know What To Do... Help Can Anyone Please Help Me.. Where Does The Red Wire Go ? Where Do I Get Power From?

Sniper_yamaha07

Reaction score
07 Tahoe Stero Install

:crazy: CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL MY NEW STEREO? 07 TAHOES DO NOT HAVE 12V POWER ON THE HEAD UNIT SO I HAVE TO GET POWER FROM SOMEWHERE.. BUT WHERE? IM GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.. I TOOK IT TO A LOCAL STEREO SHOP AND THEY CHARGED ME 25.00 JUST TOOK LOOK AT THE STEREO AN TO TELL ME THAT THEY DID NOT KNOW THERE TO GET POWER.. PLEASE HELP ME HELP ME

Renny

Reaction score
sniper, your HU has 12V. If you got a good quality harness it takes all of the guess work out of the install. The metra harnesses have the same color wires as the HU harness. You just have to connect the wires between the two harnesses and plug the Metra harness into the vehicle harness.
There is nothing tricky about it. Don't even bother trying to do it without a harness. You'll end up eliminating alot of the trucks chime functions and creating a real nightmare for yourself.
Your truck is more computer based than most other vehicles on the road so traditional methods of finding the 12V may not work.

Renny

Reaction score
Sniper,
Whatever you do, DO NOT CUT THE TRUCKS HARNESS OFF. LEAVE THE PLUG INTACT. THAT IS THE KEY TO MAKING THE INSTALL SIMPLE ONCE YOU GET THE RIGHT HARNESS