CCM Leveling Kit Install, Not soo level!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my CCMkit 2.5inch today. Looks great first glance, fairly easy install. But, its not quite level. Now it looks like the back end sags about an inch.... Anyone else have this problem>?
l_e128a036327bb10d3be7d37fba8dc669.jpg

l_c2c2c0591abc1dfce4b5c99f860ee4f7.jpg

foytix

Reaction score
did you install the rear coil spacers? just curious when my 2.5 in kit came in they forgot to ship the rear spacers. i contacted them and they got them out in the mail. I haven't installed my kit yet though and this worries me a little.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in 2" front leveling kit. I have autoride and noticed similar sag. I ended up putting in 1" rear coil spacers.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, my kit came with a 1" rear block. It was 2.5" front 1" rear. its driving me crazy.

There answer to me from CCM was "Hmmm guess they changed the factory specs, sorry every truck made is different..."

AlohaJeff

Reaction score
That's not an unfair answer as there are lots of variables between vehicles. I wouldn't try to raise the rear any more to match the front. Most of the kits are Silverado / Sierra kits with the afterthought to run them on the SUV platform. The trucks sit higher in the rear and require more lift to level than the SUV.

I'd look at an aluminum spacer kit that's solid in construction, that way you could mill it down a little to fine tune the height. The steel spacer you've got doesn't allow for much adjustment via the removal of material.

Aloha

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff, the kit came with a 1" allum spacer for the rear. I dont know if I order another set they withh both fit?!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger and bought these. Just to confirm, the CCM 2.5" kit came with 1" rear spacer? Was that rear spacer from CCM also?

Someone posted pics of CCM 2.5" front and Suspension Maxx 1" rear, and it looked good. Can you post some pics of your setup?

Thanks for the info and keep us updated on any fixes.

Good luck!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go 1 3/4" spacers, give it some rake if you plan on installing a stereo or pulling anything.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my CCMkit 2.5inch today. Looks great first glance, fairly easy install. But, its not quite level. Now it looks like the back end sags about an inch.... Anyone else have this problem>?
l_e128a036327bb10d3be7d37fba8dc669.jpg

l_c2c2c0591abc1dfce4b5c99f860ee4f7.jpg

Any updates 2008Yukon or Foytix?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the CCM 2.5" front and 1" rear level kit and all seems good (no rear sag).

2008Yukon, do you have a Yukon XL? If you had a shop install the lift you may want to confirm the spacer you actually purchased was installed.

Let us know.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I installed it myself. Did you put the rear spacer on the top or bottom of the spring?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check this evening, but I think the rear spacer was put on the bottom.

2008Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I put it on the top. I didnt seem like it would make a difference and the instructions said" install the spacer on the top of the coil spring" i believe. But like I said it didnt seem like eather way would change it. What year truck do you have, mines an 08 Yukon.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the rear spacer location and it is on top of the spring. BTW I have an 07 Z71 Tahoe. Yeah you are right, I do not think the location (top/bottom) would make a difference in height.