PDA

View Full Version : installing autopage alarm

Elpresidente
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
hey can anybody help me here i tried to instal a autopage alarm system on my 08 hoe, i used one of those online wiring schematics websites and they said that the ignition wire was the white one and when my installer was trying to test the that wire it wasnt it. my truck continued to turn on when the kill switch wasnt working because of this white wire....
has anybody had this same problem? please help!!!!!

Grounded
08-16-2008, 10:57 AM
First off did you get this fixed. Second the ign wire in that truck is not white....

Elpresidente
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
no i have not attempted it after the 1st time. so what color wire should i be looking for and do you know of a good web site where i can get good ass schematics??????
here is my email if you want hit me up directly. "[email protected]"

JKmotorsports
08-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Ignition wire is pink.
I don't mean to sound rude, but are you sure it's a good idea your particular installer should be performing the task? Especially in newer vehicles, almost everything is controlled by low current serial bus circuits via computers and modules that are easily damaged and expensive to replace. A good installer will know how to use a dmm and the correct procedures for locating wires without a schematic, and how to find the right circuit when an available schematic is wrong. The ignition wire is one of the easiest wires to locate. Just my .02, hoping people will heed this and prevent unnecessary damage and frustration.

Black Dog
08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Agree with the good advice, you don't want to be experimenting with these things, not these days. BTW, I want one of these too, what did you get?

jazejeff
08-19-2008, 12:13 AM
no joke i just ordered my autopage from one of my dealers today somebody tried to steel my ho yesterday even with no key hole on the driver side door ...they just thought by breaking the door handle completely off they would be able to open my door sucks but shiit happens

i ordered the autopage 2 way pager alarm with all the bells ad whistles it cost me 170 for everything pm me and i can hook you guys up with this deal

i have some diagrams that autopage tech's emailed me for installation

Black Dog
08-21-2008, 06:31 PM
no joke i just ordered my autopage from one of my dealers today somebody tried to steel my ho yesterday even with no key hole on the driver side door ...they just thought by breaking the door handle completely off they would be able to open my door sucks but shiit happens

i ordered the autopage 2 way pager alarm with all the bells ad whistles it cost me 170 for everything pm me and i can hook you guys up with this deal

i have some diagrams that autopage tech's emailed me for installation

Might have to hit you up on that one of these days, sounds pretty good.

jazejeff
08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
no problem just call me or email me
[email protected]
951-343-0806 ask for jeff

Black Dog
08-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Okay Jeff, are there extra discounts for guys named Jeff?

Sincerely,
Jeff

Just Playin.

jazejeff
08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
just for guys named jeff there is an EXTRA charge of $1.........:lol: