Rear Cargo area options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a carpeted/ molded/ waterproof solution for the rear cargo area? I am taking the third row seats out and more than likely won;t be using them in the near future.

We have two 75lb labs that MUST go for rides in the truck.:D In the cargo area there are the two plastic chanels that stick up for the seats to slide into.

I'd like to cover those up with a capeted cargo mat that would be molded to fit over those. I'd also like it to be waterproof if it's an option (but doesn't have to be).

SO, what are you guys/ girls using?

Tim.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything I've seen has to be cut out for the tracks. You might try talking with someone at Styling Concepts.

Lizard1

Reaction score
Tim

We don't have kids (yet) and the whole purpose of our tahoe was labs and hunting(and basic hauling) so we knew we weren't going to use the 3rd row EVER. So we had our dealer do a locate for our specific options/color sans 3rd row seat. It's great as there's not any holes or cutouts in the carpet/floor for the seat - it's just flat.

Why I tell you this is that the truck came with a mat that is form fitted to the area. One side is carpeted and the other side is some sort of vinly/rubber material. SO I know what you're looking for is out there....even made by GM to boot. I'll look at the mat this evening and see if there is some sort of number on there to help you identify it.

ockevin

Reaction score
I saw the carpet on on side and rubber backed on the other on ebay ....$79 plus free shipping.....check it out....I searced 07 tahoe and found it.

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Have a look at Husky Liners. I just had delivered a rear rubber cargo mat (there is an option for 3rd row seating, which I took to mean cutouts for the rear seat tracks - though I'll find out when I unpack the box). I also ordered the matching front and rear seat rubber mats.

http://http://www.carpartswholesale.com/wholesale/interior/gmc-yukon-9453945.html

Here's an example of a rear liner without 3rd row seating option. Look around - you can find the 3rd row option, and you can find it for less money and free shipping. I got mine from Amazon.com if I remember correctly.

Timgco

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

My plan is to remove those plastic guides and just buy the molded extreme cargo mat.