buying a lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97yukongt

Reaction score
I have a 97 yukon gt two door with a 3 inch bodylift and would like to go up 6 more. Can anyone recomend a good lift for a decent price or what lift's to stay away from? Any information would help!!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
procomp procomp procomp. haven't had any problems with my 6" kit.

check out 4wheelparts.com, if your close to any of the 4 wheels jamboree nationals they host you can pick up a 6" kit for a steal. if not they usually run good deals on them every couple months.

andrew83

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with 96 pro comp, my tahoe has the 6inch fabtech, and its decent, but my buddy (who encouraged me to buy the tahoe) has the procomp, and we both have 3inch body lifts as well, but his rides somewhat better, feel more in control. For the money I would definitley go with pro comp. I had it on my tundra a few years ago, never had an issue.

97yukongt

Reaction score
Thanks for the information it sounds like procomp is the way to go.

andrew83

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, if you install it yourself I've done quite a few so if there are any issues, dont hesitate.
-good luck:thumbsup:

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, if you install it yourself I've done quite a few so if there are any issues, dont hesitate.
-good luck:thumbsup:
On a scale from 1-5 where would you rate the level of experience one needs to install one of these kits? With 1 being a novice with only basic screw driver and plier experience and 5 being a certified mechanic.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you got all the tools (good impact wrench, big enough compressor to run it, torque wrench, jackand stands, and some know how) it doesn't look like it would be too hard. i'd say 3 maybe 4.

you do have to "modify" the crossover exhaust pipe above the front driveshaft a bit, and thers a notch you have to cut somewhere in the frame.

granted i had mine installed because of the lack of time. it was basically all bolt on.

bud30120

Reaction score
I like rancho myself, thats what i have on my 97 Z71. Factory alignment specs.Tough I did i say Tough. 1 piece subframe.