Car Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
My 2001..

Took as long as it took to get through the Mr. Car Wash automated machine...about 5 minutes. I would assume the 2006 and newer models would take a little longer since they are bigger....hehhee...I finally disagree with those that say, "There are no dumb questions......".....:smilielol:

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car wash

I mostly take mine to a carwash - soft cloth, hand dry, the works - takes them about 30-40 minutes for vaccuuming, drying, windows, tires, etc. I have done it a couple times - I am so meticulous, it has taken me about 2 hours.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your feelings. I can see every second they spend with the vehicles. They also do very expensive cars, trucks, etc. so I trust them. And they really take their time and do a great job. Plus the fact that I am getting too old (48 yesterday) and I would rather spend the time to save time and the aches and pains I will experience the next day after spending so much time.

It's my first white vehicle so I really try to keep it clean. And I have to dry thru some construction so it's constantly getting tire dirt or dusty so I am always doing some spot cleaning in between the "big" wash. lol

Moularia

Reaction score
with all the vechiles i have owned, i have never payed to get any of them washed, car wash is about 10 minutes, and i still have to wait in the sun for it to be done, luckily where i live dirt comes oh so rarely and i always garage keep it, but it does not take more then one hour, i wash it, dry it, and dry it some more... 99 tahoe and still never got tired of washing it. and if i can soon afford a new one, i would do the same.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
with all the vechiles i have owned, i have never payed to get any of them washed, car wash is about 10 minutes, and i still have to wait in the sun for it to be done, luckily where i live dirt comes oh so rarely and i always garage keep it, but it does not take more then one hour, i wash it, dry it, and dry it some more... 99 tahoe and still never got tired of washing it. and if i can soon afford a new one, i would do the same.

Here in Santa Clarita we have hard water that spots everything so you have to dry it immediately, so some times it is just easier to do the drive through.

bgbpmp

Reaction score
Doing it my self about an hour, as I am short and have to drag the ladder around and if I'm feeling lazy, I will go through a self drive through(I don't like strangers driving mt Tahoe) and I can vacuum it out myself.

I'm 6'3" and still have to get the ladder out to wash the top of my Yukon. Takes me about 1:30 hours to wash inside and out.

Seats9

Reaction score
Two Hours

I took about two hours today to wash and detail it out today. We bought it in South Alabama and the bugs are already getting thick down there. We bought the Simoniz package from the dealership and the bugs just came right off. I was really impressed! I took so long because I towel dried it and I really examined every inch of the body since I had not had the chance to do so yet. Love the ride and the detail work is really very relaxing!
Blessed by God,
David

PS Are microfiber towels really worth the investment?

HA139

Reaction score
Microfiber towels

I absolutely love my microfiber towel.. got it at Wally World. Cant remember the name, but it comes it a plastic tube and was available in lt. blue, white and I think tan.

I would highly recommend it.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money.... its fun washing your own vehicle....:D. If you want high professional wax and stuff well then that's different.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm real big into doing all my own detail work. Most automatic carwashes, even the brushless, are very hard on the finish. It takes me about 2 hours to wash and detail the Tahoe.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just boght mine a few days ago and it's in desperate need of some detail help.

I realized how much I didn't miss owning a big truck. I'm 5'0" so the step stool is always out...lol

She will be getting a full detail soon and I imagine about a full 8 - 9 hour day for her, but boy does black look nice when it's taken care of.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depening on how dirty it is, it usually takes about 2-3 hours from wash to dry. I am pretty anal about keeping it clean.

BTW....YES on microfiber! I wash mine after every use so that any foreign objects will not scratch my baby for the next time.