Rumble from lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my truck since new in 2001 and I always had it lowered 2/3.I also have a rumbling sound that comes from under the front of the truck when I go over a series of hard bumps, does anyone else get this?,It is annoying to me because I live in new york and its bumps all day.It almost sounds like the torsion bars shifting or bounceing around,or the sway bars.Right now I have mcgaughys 3 in rear drop with extenders,belltech drop spindles 2'' and suspension maxx adjustable keys and hotchkis 2/3 drop sway bars.Im thinking about installing the hotchkis 1.5 '' rear drop springs (Leveling spring) crank the torsion bars back up and change the sway bar end links to size to regain a better ride,I will loose a little of that lowered look but keep it level,thanks for any advice.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it dropped and you'll need to replace the shocks with some bilsteins or it will ride like crap, raise it up and it will be much nicer. Have you trimmed the bumpstops?

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it dropped and you'll need to replace the shocks with some bilsteins or it will ride like crap, raise it up and it will be much nicer. Have you trimmed the bumpstops?

Yeah I trimmed the bump stops,I just changed all of my shocks (stock bilsteins),my truck rides ok I just cant stand that rumble over bumps I guess after 7 years of it ,its time for a change.I will start with changeing the swaybar hardware mounts,bushings and end links see if that helps,then I will try the 1.5'' drop spring and raise the front up,I will still use the 2'' drop spindles just in case to drop it back,with the adjustable keyways I have tons of lift left,Boost thanks for the quick reply,any other advice will be appreciated,Thanks!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the rumble since you lowered it or did it start recently? If it started recenetly, you more than likley have a issue that doesnt even pertain to the drop.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the rumble since you lowered it or did it start recently? If it started recenetly, you more than likley have a issue that doesnt even pertain to the drop.

I always had this when I went over bumps and tryed to eliminate the problem with dropped spindles,Back in the day when I first lowered it my friend owned a shop, before I lowered it he gave me a ride in his Denali and pointed out that the rumble was the only negative thing,but still dont know what causes it,Its not that bad just when I hit a hard bump I can hear it,It has to be a common thing with these trucks unless everyone has nice smooth roads,In the 5 bouroughs its not so smooth LOL!