Memory Seats and Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnamike

Reaction score
I just picked up my 07 Denali about 2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to read the manual and play with the features this weekend. Going over all of the features, I have a question you might be able to answer.

I've set the trucks memory seats and mirrors and turned on the memory seats feature in the driver's information center (i think that's what it's called). However, I can't find a way to tie the keyless remote transmitter with the the seats and mirrors. Is this possible?

For example, when I unlock the doors with my remote I want the seats and mirrors to set to recall #1, but when my wife uses her remote the seats should set to recall #2.

Any light you guys could shed would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 07 Denali about 2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to read the manual and play with the features this weekend. Going over all of the features, I have a question you might be able to answer.

I've set the trucks memory seats and mirrors and turned on the memory seats feature in the driver's information center (i think that's what it's called). However, I can't find a way to tie the keyless remote transmitter with the the seats and mirrors. Is this possible?

For example, when I unlock the doors with my remote I want the seats and mirrors to set to recall #1, but when my wife uses her remote the seats should set to recall #2.

Thanks.

No can do. That was one of the nice things on my Acura TL. Keyfob 1 would set all settings (including radio presets, climate control, etc....REALLY cool) to my preset and key fob 2 for the wifey.....notsomuch with the Denali (and i'm sure all other Yukons/Tahoes) You actually have to get in and press the 1 or 2 preset button. They do not link with the remote. :rolleyes2:

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe by default, the seats and mirrors when using the key fob will go to preset setting 1. That is the way my 07 Tahoe works. When my wife drives it (few and bar between), she justs presses the 2 button on the door - she has the seats move up any way so not a big deal for her.

gp56

Reaction score
With my remotes one defaults to setting #1 and the other to #2. I am not sure how I got it to do this, as the dealer had told me it would not work. I thing after one remote is set to #1 and the memory button is pressed in the truck the other will then default to #2.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this can be done. At least on the Tahoe. I believe it has to be programmed though.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owners manual

This is the page #'s and a breif description.

Page 13 in owner's manual:
Set the seat, mirrors,pedals,lumbar and press the #1 or #2 button on drivers door. This is so you or the wife will have their personal settings everytime.

Go to page #269 to set up the key remote to do it also.
Press the customization button until MEMORY SEAT RECALL appears on the display, then select what you want. On/OFF
:thumbsup:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, I can't find a way to tie the keyless remote transmitter with the the seats and mirrors. Is this possible?

Thanks.

While GM cheaped out and left the #1 & #2 off the back of the remotes for 2007, they are still unique. You just need to determine which one is #1 & which one is #2. :thumbsup:

bnamike

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

This is the page #'s and a breif description.

Page 13 in owner's manual:
Set the seat, mirrors,pedals,lumbar and press the #1 or #2 button on drivers door. This is so you or the wife will have their personal settings everytime.

Go to page #269 to set up the key remote to do it also.
Press the customization button until MEMORY SEAT RECALL appears on the display, then select what you want. On/OFF
:thumbsup:

I followed these steps. I will see if I can determine which remote is #1 and #2
While GM cheaped out and left the #1 & #2 off the back of the remotes for 2007, they are still unique. You just need to determine which one is #1 & which one is #2. :thumbsup:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Dealer told me that this feature was not avilable anymore even if it's listed in the manual. Just by chance figured it out that it still is in place. Very nice.

Jim

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the Dealer Said

Don't beleive everything the dealer (salesman) tells you. The salesman I bought my LTZ from told me the antenna in the back passenger side glass was a window defroster like in the back window. I asked him why it wasn't on both sides and his reaction was he didn't know right off.:lol: :giggling: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bnamike

Reaction score
I thought I'd provide an update.

I finally got a chance over the weekend to test the seats and both remotes. The remote I was using doesn't adjust any of the seat settings when unlocking the door.

However, the other remote I have will adjust the seats to memory position #2 when I unlock the doors.

I'm going to try to reprogram my #1 remote using the manual's directions to see if that fixes the problem.