04 Denali Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jka/v

Reaction score
Any tips for pulling the passenger grab handle off the dash, and removing the dash top in an 04 Denali?

I put in an Avic Z1 and need to play with the install a little, and I'd like to take the dash top off this time and put the gangload of modules away properly...

And can I tie in the voice activation on the avic to the onstar mike?

Thanks!

jka/v

Reaction score
Doesn't give enough access to the area behind the stereo for the 4 boxes I had to stuff in there :(

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres quite some room if you take the gauge cluster out.

If you took the components out of the dash you should have all kinds of access I'd think. How big are the things your cramming in there?...lol

jka/v

Reaction score
I took out the guage cluster, but I was reading on someone saying it was easier to move things around with the dash top off. I could reach in and so forth with the cluster out, but still difficult to get up around the cavity behind the head unit.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Tahoe but I've never taken a dash top off. I just figured the components wouldn't be all that terrible to put in.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im also wondering on how to remove the top of the dash. i have an avic-d3 in my 02 tahoe and im trying to organize everything behind the unit and its a very tight fight even after i removed that rear support bar

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might as well take the whole dash out....lol