Lowering Measurments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I must admit that I tried to save some money by buying my lowering kit used. I ended up buying the rear belltech springs and shock brackets from a friend and ordering the front spindles new from belltech. I have learned from my mistake after my auto ride sensors kept poping off, I called belltech and they informed me of a new linkage kit. I just installed the linkage kit and I think I was better off before. so here is the question, I want my Denali to sit level, so do I need to screw around with the rear links more or is there something else that I didn't get? I am not sure this will matter much because of all the different rim and tire sizes but my front from ground to fender well is 33in and the rear is about 35in. I have 22's on and have about a 2in gap which is what I would like all around. (Boost I am sure you know the answer to this!) Anyone willing to give thier two cents.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably need to measure from the fender to the center of your rim all the way around. Then it shouldn't make a difference on tire or rim size.

Last edited:

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is 18.5 in the front and 20 in the rear from the center of the wheel.

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bend or trim the stock autoride links to bring the back down some more

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to build some sh*t dude, my denali was a pain in the ass to get level.
Just dropped:
IMG00092.jpg

Adjusted once now maybe 1/2 lower but still lifting:
IMG00172.jpg

Finally adjusted with the new links, compressor kicks on if I toss 100lbs or so in the back but otherwise it just kicks for a second and shuts off immediately:
IMG00570.jpg

I broke the shorter belltech links while trying to grind them down for the second time. Do yourself a favor and go find some bolts slightly larger than the link diameter, cut to length and grind down the ends slightly to match the diameter of the stockers. Thread the bolts on both sides down almost to the middle and go get that bitch to sit level! Good luck bro :cheers:

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the bump stops? I still have factory ones in should I cut off about half?

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine look tottally different then your stock ones so I think I can get away with cuttin off half. Boost you ever thought about putting some dump valves or soleniods on your system so that when you parked it you could dump all the air out of the front and rear?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, they're shorter than the belltech links. I'll try to measure them sometime but you kinda have to take the wheels off to get to them. If I buy valves for the truck they'll be 1/2" and the floor will get plasma cut :D