Anyone add a car audio/entertainment system to their vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering adding a couple of PS2s and a couple of headrest monitors to my Chevy Tahoe for my kids to entertain themselves. (The PS2s will be for games and DVDs.) I do all the electrical work and modifications myself, but I've never done the video in an automobile.

Has anyone added this to their vehicle? Was it worth it?

I'm beginning to question adding it because of the cost of gas and reducing the trips I take in the Tahoe.

Should I? I currently have a portable DVD player, but it's wonke the way it has to strap between the seats. I'm not happy with that setup.

My 10 y/o and my 2 y/o watch totally different things, so, having one system in the vehicle isn't going to work... or will it?

Hardwarz

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are dedicated gaming power supplies for this.

I haven't done it but I think I may end up with a XBox 360 in mine not sure yet.

Its pretty basic. If your doing 2 PS2's just run video to each monitor.

Now audio will probably have to be done with headphones or if your crazy run different amps and such for each side.

Its sounds like you got it though.