oxidation??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew83

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have pretty bad oxidation on the hood, everywhere else on the truck is good, anyone have any tips before I sand this badboy down and take it in to be painted?? Theres a little oxidation on the roof, but after 9inches of lift not many people can see up there >=]

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should put an aftermarket hood on it if your gonna get it painted anyway.

what i plan on doing when the front of my hood gets worse (probably this spring, indiana winters are hell on vehicles)

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templates/frmTemplateP1.asp?CatalogID=24505&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=1690

thats what i would like to put on it at some point. but $910 before oversized shipping is a bit rediculous. and its fiberglass. that one might be ok since its expensive, but i've seen some really badly molded hoods, they don't fit worth a **** without hours on hours of body work on them... not even going to consider the carbon fiber for the same reason as the fiberglass.

it'll probably end up getting a 4" regular cowl hood put on it. they are around $400