Speaker to RCA Converter trouble.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atalith

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to install an amp and subs in my bro's Tahoe, with the stock head unit. I ordered a high to low line converter off ebay. It didnt work, thought it was the piece so I returned it for another one. Same problem so I ordered a different model. A Pheripel SVENR, but still no output. I am sure the speaker wires are wired correctly. I even tried wiring them up right behind the HU. And I know the wires are lives, because I hooked them straight to the subs and got high-output. But when wiring up the Preripel and the amp, I get no output. The amp does work, it was just pulled out of another truck of his and worked fine. The green ready-light comes on also. I cant think of anything that would cause this. I am either forgetting something completely obvious, or there is something that keep this from working in Tahoes. (I have installed the same converters in my car and my other bros car and they worked). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xsivforce

Reaction score
Most likely not your problem but humor me. I had a similar problem one time with a Kenwood amp. Basically, the amp had a "protect" feature which does not allow the amp to work if it feels something is wrong. The solution to my problem was that my ground was not very solid and the amp was "protecting" itself. I re-did my ground wire and made a better ground and, boom, problem fixed. You might check all your connections to be sure they are solid.

Probably not your problem but thought I would throw that in since there has been no reply. Hope it helps.

Atalith

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Its worth a shot, like you said no one else has any ideas. Actually the ground is set up to a temporary spot for the time being, so that is a possibility. Its inside the trunk door jam. But I would the think if that was the problem, then the amp would put out the red problem light. The amp is giving the green good-to-go light...