Toy's have problems with rust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
About a month ago, LLN reported that Toyota would buy back any of its 1995-2000 Tacoma pick-up trucks if it found its frame rails to be overly rusted and cannot be repaired. Now, there is word via online forums that the Japanese auto manufacturer is paying nearly 50 percent over fair market value for affected trucks.

Part of the reason the trucks are netting so much money is Toyota’s promise to value any Tacoma at excellent condition, even if it is far from it. It is also likely an image-saving move to get the bad feeling out of a customer’s mouth about the quality and reliability of Toyota products, not to mention side-stepping the potential liability resulting from a truck’s frame breaking at speed.

The practice reminds of Honda’s launch of the Civic in the U.S. back in the early ’70s, and replacing its panels at no charge due to premature rusting.

linky http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-buying-back-rusty-tacomas-for-more-than-fair-value.html

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info, I have a buddy with an older taco I'll have to pass this info on to him.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is impressive. If that is indeed true I must commend Toyota for outstanding support and loyalty to their customers.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mehhh, 1987 4Runner 250,000 miles and no rust. It's purdy and mine. =)

pside.jpg

I've owned six Toys, no rust on any of em. Guess they are not the same any more?