Bose amp upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discodave

Reaction score
Can I upgrade the "premium" Bose amp, with a "Luxury" Bose amp? Is it plug and play? Any help is appreciated
Dave

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt know there were two different Bose amps? What are you driving and what year is it?

discodave

Reaction score
2003 Yukon, there were two Bose systems offered. The "premium" is the baseline Bose system, in dash CD changer, doesnt include a subwoofer. The "Luxury" is a more powerful system, with a rear entertainment package, including the subwoofer. The systems utilized different amplifiers.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Yukon, there were two Bose systems offered. The "premium" is the baseline Bose system, in dash CD changer, doesnt include a subwoofer. The "Luxury" is a more powerful system, with a rear entertainment package, including the subwoofer. The systems utilized different amplifiers.

I hope it isn't gonna cost you anything. In the end it is still stock. Everyone puts too much time into it. If you think your missing something go aftermarket.

Just ranting....lol

I'm not sure if it would just drop in or not. Seems like it would.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think getting the better Bose amp would improve your situation alot anyway. I'm still running my Bose speakers and even with a new HU and subs, I'd say they are "ok" at best. If you're really looking for good improvements, then I don't think going from Bose to Bose again will solve the problem imo.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discodave to answer your question, no, you can't swap out the premium amp w/ the luxury amp without changing the headunit too or at least reprogramming it for lux.

I recently completed this swap (along w/ adding the Factory Nav and CD Changer) and it does make a difference. With the luxury amp, you can actually hear the subwoofer in the console. I'm very pleased with the upgrade...

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade? WTF...lol

Just Playin!

It all matters to the driver in the end. Constructive criticism never hurts though.