McGaughey's 2/3 Spring Kit Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaytee1456

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed the McGaughey's 2/3 spring only kit on my 2007 Tahoe (non-autoride) and the ride quality sucks. Does anyone else have this kit? The front seems to be pretty bouncy and bumps feel somewhat harsh. The rear seems fine, but I'm really debating about swapping it for the Eibach kit or just yanking the spring altogether and going for the spindle set up. Any feedback out there from those with this set up? Thanks.

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mcg's kit comes with springs for the front? i didnt know that, i would def go with spindles and retain the stock ride.

jaytee1456

Reaction score
Yeah it's similar to the Eibach set-up. I'll probably try and pick up a spindle set soon because the ride quality just isn't there.

preston

Reaction score
I had the 2/3 spring kit and it totally sucked. I upgraded to the spindles in the front and now it rides like factory. Deffinately upgrade to the spindles, it's the only way to go.

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ preston, i live in channelview not far from you. i'd like to come check out your tahoe one day before i lower mine if its ok with you.

preston

Reaction score
^ preston, i live in channelview not far from you. i'd like to come check out your tahoe one day before i lower mine if its ok with you.

Anytime man. Are you planning on lowering it yourself or having a shop do it???

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all the tools, compressor and garage to do it but its just if i have the time. shoot me a pm with your number and ill call to see if i can come by and check out your ride. thanks