Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2000 - 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > Lift Kit and Lowering Kit Discussions

Register to remove these ads.
Lift Kit and Lowering Kit Discussions This forum is for discussing Lift Kit and Lowering Kit topics.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Brewmasternick
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Brewmasternick is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about poor handling after leveling

Hello. I have a 2005 Z71 that currently has keys up front and spacers out back. It's the perfect height, but handling is pretty awful. The body roll, nose dive and steering issues need to be addressed.

When the leveling kit was installed, all of my steering and suspension components looked to be in good shape, so I don't think that's the issue. And I don't think my expectations are out of whack, as I've had lifted trucks before, just not with this type of suspension and leveling kit.

My questions are: Is there a way to address these issues with this type of lift? Would a steering stabilizer help? If not, will switching to a full on suspension lift address these issues? Skyjacker has a 3" kit that is enticing, but it costs as much as the 6" kits out there so I would want to make sure it's worth the upgrade.

Any info/advice/insight would be much appreciated. Let me know if you need more info to provide feedback. Thanks guys!
Brewmasternick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
Felipe
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

Felipe is on a distinguished road

I know it's a little late but I'll take a stab at it. If you are getting a lot of body roll or nose diving that woud lead me to believe your shocks need to be replaced. The springs will bounce like crazy with old wore out shocks, or perhaps you just need some stiffer shocks. It would be worth a try to replace them instead of a full on suspension lift. I do think the aftermarket springs would also be a little stiffer also but shocks should really help . especially if they are original
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Tahoe noob
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Tahoe noob is on a distinguished road
Default Leveled poor handling

I bought my tahoe with 17 in rims and it is leveled by the torsion bars but I'm wondering if that's the reason its steering is loser and steers different that like a Silverado of the same year
Tahoe noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
jlawz
Tahoeforum Newcomer

jlawz is on a distinguished road

yup change the shock! now probably won't ride like a Denali but it will improve on the diving and rolling.
jlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
jdfabjesse
Tahoeforum Newcomer

jdfabjesse is on a distinguished road

I'm jesse from jd fabrication and I do a lot with these vehicles. we offer different long travel and mid travel kits for a bunch of different vehicles.
when you put in torsion keys and crank it up you end up loosing down travel resulting in riding on the drop out stops. that will transfer noise through the vehicle and make the ride horrible.. you want at least 3" of droop to get it to ride right.. I hope this helps..
jdfabjesse is offline   Reply With Quote