Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2007 + Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > Technical Discussions

Register to remove these ads.
Technical Discussions This forum is for technical discussions related to customizing your Tahoe/Yukon

Old 12-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
wkbrdjeff
Tahoeforum Newcomer

wkbrdjeff is on a distinguished road

Haw anyone had success with this? I have a 2008 Tahoe PPV and purchased a leather interior from another 2008 tahoe. The plugs are different, my new seats have memory and heaters. I do not need those functions, i just want the seats to move back and forth. I tried what is suggested above, but it seems like the driver and passenger seats need to be connected to each other possibly, drivers seat has 32 wires and passenger seat has 16 wires. Any help is appreciated.
wkbrdjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
Jesse Tahoe
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Jesse Tahoe is on a distinguished road
Default Also looking for heat and memory wiring help

I also have an 07 PPv Tahoe which I would like to put 12 way seats and console in aswell I have power folding heated second row seats that I wouldn't mind if those options were available to use. I have a line on a 09 Denali with all the rest of the bits I may need. Not afraid of adding a new circuit or 2 and running non oem controls as long as it works I already wired up the movement of the seats from previous posters instructions. Any help would be most appreciated
Jesse
Jesse Tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #13
arad_na64
Tahoeforum Newcomer

arad_na64 is on a distinguished road

I`m Arad and need help for install two electrical front seat of 2007-2013 chevy tahoe or suburban or avalanche. I have some question about that and wiil be happy if some one can help me on this way.

1- Can I have wiring diagram of front seats? (picture attached) link of pictures: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages....0,0,0&format=0

2- I checked socket of seats and find two bigger wire(Red/white and black). I think main power wires are them. But when I connect 12v adapter to wires nothing happened and no movement.

3- I know the seats have many function. But I need anly movement and heat/cool function.

Thanks for reading my post.

Arad

P.s: sorry for my bad english
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150927_130055.jpg (36.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150927_130052.jpg (39.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0062.jpg (83.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0056.jpg (65.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150927_130048.jpg (43.0 KB, 5 views)
arad_na64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:37 PM   #14
mikemjohnson
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

mikemjohnson is on a distinguished road

If i was putting 07+ heated leather seats in my 1991 1500 Regular Cab, base no power anything, all I need to worry about is wiring up a few wires for the power functions, correct? Just jump a 12V source into those, and good to go?
mikemjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #15
2002yukonxl
Tahoeforum Newcomer

2002yukonxl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by convoyduel View Post
To wire the 12-way seats, the following wires must be connected at a minimum:

(the first wire listed is the wire color from the body side harness and the second wire is the wire color and pin position on the 12 way seat harness)

Driver's side:

Green to Green A6
Brown/White to Brown/White A5
2 small red wires to 3 small red wires A3, A8 and A11
Black to Black B8
Large Red/White to Large Red/White A7

Passenger Side:
New 12V Power (Red) to Red/White B9
New Ground (Black) to Black A9
green to green A10
orange to orange A5
black/white to black/white B3
small red to small reds in both B5 and B6 position
red/white to red/white B2

The power and ground (B9 and A9) wires for the passenger seat have to be added by the installer. The power wire for B9 can be split off from the A7 power wire on the driver's seat side, but doing so may draw too much current for simultaneous use. Running a separate 12 V lead fused at the battery is another option. The ground wire A9 on the passenger side can be run to any ground point, body bolt or even the seat base mount, but be sure you have metal-to-metal contact.

The other mess of wires in each harness are for the door mounted memory position switches and heated seat functions. The memory wires in the harness also control memory positions for adjustable front pedals. In purchasing a 12-way seat, you are getting the brains for the memory and heat functions, so all you are missing is the switches with logic circuit function.

Also, please note that the wire sheating color varies slightly from vehicle to vehicle, meaning the pigmentation of the color may be off a bit, complicating matters when you get to red and pink, dark and light green, etc.

I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.
I know that this is an old post, but I havent found a better one around. I followed these instructions exactly, and I have full movement on the passenger seat, but nothing on the drivers side. I also have an airbag light on. Passenger gound and 12v are jumped off the driver side so I believe those to be good. Has anyone else had success with this? Any idea on where to start with troubleshooting?
2002yukonxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:38 PM   #16
JoeD
Tahoeforum Newcomer

JoeD is on a distinguished road

I just finished doing the swap in my 2007 Tahoe.

The instructions towards the beginning of this worked for the passanger side but the driver side was incorrect.

Instead of the 3 little red wires you need just the one red wire w/ white stripe, follow the rest of the instructions and you are good to go!

Hope this helps
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #17
2002yukonxl
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I just finished doing the swap in my 2007 Tahoe.

The instructions towards the beginning of this worked for the passanger side but the driver side was incorrect.

Instead of the 3 little red wires you need just the one red wire w/ white stripe, follow the rest of the instructions and you are good to go!

Hope this helps
I tried this method as well and still have the same issue, check airbag light and no movement on driver side. Passenger side works great via the jumper.

I did notice that there are 2 small red wires on the vehicle side harness in the same pin (the one that gets connected to the red/white stripe), is that what everyone else sees?
Old 11-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #18
2002yukonxl
Tahoeforum Newcomer

On second thought, is anyone aware of a way to temporarily jump this thing so I can get the seat where I want it and leave it there for the time being?