Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > Other Forums > Other vehicle makes and models

Register to remove these ads.
Other vehicle makes and models A forum to discuss any other brand or make/model of vehicle you would like to discuss

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Formula
Tahoeforum Noob

Formula is on a distinguished road
Default WTT my 1988 Firebird Formula 350 Modified Daily Driver

I am looking for a 4x4 yukon, tahoe, denali, or silverado preferable 2001+ but may take 1990 and newer if also modified. Pics and info can be found at www.fquick.com/Aaron.

This car is my daily driver, so I would need something I could daily drive. I live in Chico, Ca, so if someone wants to trade, they must be close enough to drive to.

I do have over 10k in receipts. 12k on new motor and 82k on the body.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
RenegadeTahoe
Full Access Member

RenegadeTahoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula View Post
I am looking for a 4x4 yukon, tahoe, denali, or silverado preferable 2001+ but may take 1990 and newer if also modified. Pics and info can be found at www.fquick.com/Aaron.

This car is my daily driver, so I would need something I could daily drive. I live in Chico, Ca, so if someone wants to trade, they must be close enough to drive to.

I do have over 10k in receipts. 12k on new motor and 82k on the body.
You do realize that's a 1988 Formula, right? The thing's only worth $2k... if you're lucky. I wouldn't even trade my '99 S-10 w/ 112k miles for that.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Formula
Tahoeforum Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTahoe View Post
You do realize that's a 1988 Formula, right? The thing's only worth $2k... if you're lucky. I wouldn't even trade my '99 S-10 w/ 112k miles for that.
You sir are clueless. I decided to keep it anyway, too much money and time in it to get rid of her.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
RenegadeTahoe
Full Access Member

Quote:
You sir are clueless. I decided to keep it anyway, too much money and time in it to get rid of her.
What makes me clueless about your low/mid 200hp (stock) L98-powered 3400lb+ 3rd gen? The fact that I can do a blue book check... or that I know that regardless of how many receipts and dollars you have in it... it's still a 1988 Formula 350... ?

It's not a classic, rare, or anything else. It's an 80's model 'bird... other than late 70's... the worst gen ever... slowest too. (well, second... I think late 2nd Gen was slowest)

Now, if it was a 1989 TT/A... I could see it... 1988 Formula? HA!

With all those mods, what does it run... high 13's... low 14's? Both stock, my 6500lb Tahoe would give it a run for it's money.

Last edited by RenegadeTahoe; 01-13-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
Formula
Tahoeforum Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTahoe View Post
What makes me clueless about your low/mid 200hp (stock) L98-powered 3400lb+ 3rd gen? The fact that I can do a blue book check... or that I know that regardless of how many receipts and dollars you have in it... it's still a 1988 Formula 350... ?

It's not a classic, rare, or anything else. It's an 80's model 'bird... other than late 70's... the worst gen ever... slowest too. (well, second... I think late 2nd Gen was slowest)

Now, if it was a 1989 TT/A... I could see it... 1988 Formula? HA!

With all those mods, what does it run... high 13's... low 14's? Both stock, my 6500lb Tahoe would give it a run for it's money.
Lets run them. Stock they run 14's... Mine is set up for high 12;s buddy and you are clueless. Since when is a Formula a Camaro? I even said in the title... 1988 Firebird Formula 350... Dumbass. Learn your **** before you talk. And besides... Did I ask for comments? No, I asked for a trade, so piss off. :thumbsup:
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
RenegadeTahoe
Full Access Member

Quote:
Lets run them. Stock they run 14's... Mine is set up for high 12;s buddy and you are clueless. Since when is a Formula a Camaro? I even said in the title... 1988 Firebird Formula 350... Dumbass. Learn your **** before you talk. And besides... Did I ask for comments? No, I asked for a trade, so piss off. :thumbsup:
That's funny... since the 1993 Formula (LT1.. much better...~50HP more than L98) was high-14's... the GTA was a high-15 / Low-16 car... with ~15 less HP and ~25 less ft/lb... in the LB9. Hell, even the '88 Vette posted high-14's...

Pretty sure I know quite a bit about the F-body. I owned one for quite a long time... was in many F-body clubs as well as online forums. My friend had an '86 Z28... been around the F-body for quite some time.

But, hey... I'm the idiot... and you posted a Firebird in a Tahoe forum.... thinking someone wanted to trade a 2001+ $15k+ SUV for a 1988 turd... (IN THE WRONG SECTION, EVEN) good call. :thumbsup:

P.S. I fixed my mistake... the 1988 'bird and 'maro were the same turd, different body....

Last edited by RenegadeTahoe; 01-13-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
RenegadeTahoe
Full Access Member

By the way... $10k in receipts and you're only in the 12's? :eek2:

I could take a 14 second car and put it into mid 13's for about $1k. As a matter of fact... a buddy of mine had a 95 Z28 (like mine) with heads, cam, intake, exhaust and ran a 12.94... that's only a few grand.... it took you $10k on WHAT?

LOL... for $10k.. you should be pushing over 500hp, easy... 500HP in a 3400lb car does not equal 12's... even with crappy 2.73 gears!

Last edited by RenegadeTahoe; 01-13-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Closed Thread