Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2007 + Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Register to remove these ads.
General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum General Discussion Forum

Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
Casey114
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Casey114 is on a distinguished road

My 07 LTZ Z71 has about 75000 miles and already I have had to change the stabilizer bar, wheel bearings and the heat sensor (above drivers side head looks like speaker). My passenger side power mirror doesn't close and its loose and my rear passenger turn signal just started to blink rapidly. Love the truck just thought I would have the problems a little later in her life. Any help with the turn signal and mirror...thanks in advance!
Casey114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #22
lowvolt
Tahoeforum Newcomer

lowvolt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey114 View Post
My 07 LTZ Z71 has about 75000 miles and already I have had to change the stabilizer bar, wheel bearings and the heat sensor (above drivers side head looks like speaker). My passenger side power mirror doesn't close and its loose and my rear passenger turn signal just started to blink rapidly. Love the truck just thought I would have the problems a little later in her life. Any help with the turn signal and mirror...thanks in advance!
The turn signal most likely is a burnt bulb. My passenger side mirror is loose as well. I have not yet torn into that so can not be any assistance.
lowvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
hamtahoe
Tahoeforum Newcomer

hamtahoe is on a distinguished road
Default 2007 Tahoe w/high miles

My 07 2wd LT3 has 216K miles on it. I bought it new, only use Mobil1 at the oil life interval, new brakes, O2 sensors, 3 sets of tires and shocks. The only issue I ever had was pulsating brakes. I changed over to cross drilled/vented rotors and the problems went away.

My Tahoe has all highway miles on it. So if you can get the history on the truck, I would'nt hesitate to buy a high miler (under 150K, current body style).
hamtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
Casey114
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Casey114 is on a distinguished road

The turn signal is not the bulb, anymore suggestions? I have not tried to tackle the mirror either but I will keep you posts if I figure it out.
Casey114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
ccapehart1017
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

ccapehart1017 is on a distinguished road

ive owned both ford and GM and with gas vehicles you should 200 to 300k miles if your **** hot on maintenance
ccapehart1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
Bigreddaddy
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Bigreddaddy is on a distinguished road
Default How many Miles

Well as a GM Pro salesmen for 10 years. I have seen a lot of Tahoe /Suburban's in the most I ever say was a guy who had just under 500KM, you will have to convert that. but lots of GM truck's with high K's 300 plus. If you fix things that come up it should last 250,000 Miles.
Eric
Bigreddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
SteVo
Tahoeforum Newcomer

SteVo is on a distinguished road

14.6 mpg
SteVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
momike
Tahoeforum Newcomer

momike is on a distinguished road

I have a '99 Tahoe LT 4dr 4x4. 5.7L Vortec. Currently have 473K Km (about 300K miles). Original engine, tranny, diff. Only major work was A/C and radiator. Original exhaust lasted to about 390K km, still driving on original shocks but broke the springs carrying too much weight - so upgraded to a heavy 3/4 ton setup from original 1/2 ton. Change your oil every 3000 miles, rustproof it so the body will last (mine has no rust showing and I live in Ontario) and oil the leather so it does not crack. No reason why it would last another 200k km. Live with the gas mileage, costs you less than depreciation. If you really wanted great gas mileage you would have bought a Honda Civic
momike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #29
cbutler25
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

cbutler25 is on a distinguished road

momike,

What do you use to rust proof your body?
What type of oil do you use on your leather?
cbutler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #30
momike
Tahoeforum Newcomer

momike is on a distinguished road

I have use a Canadian company called "Krown Rustproffing" Do not know if the are in the USA, but should be easy for you to find out. Highly recommend them, they have done several vehicles for me and they always survived Ontario winters. We use a lot of salt up here, would say more vehicles get scrapped from rust here, than high mileage. Most 8-10 y.o. minivans here have serious body cancer,
No recommendation on leather treatment, I didn't use anything good & my drivers seat is seriously cracked. Would need a lot of work. Will just buy a seat cover instead. Too bad cuz most look bad IMO.
momike is offline   Reply With Quote