Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > Other Forums > Satellite Radio XM / SIRIUS

Register to remove these ads.
Satellite Radio XM / SIRIUS Forum for discussing satelite radio

Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

LAP TOP GAMER is on a distinguished road
Default How many are for or agenst the SIRIUSXM merger?

I am not a fan of it as I think it end up with watered down play lists on the music channels as SIRIUS is very FM like in programming.
LAP TOP GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
Tahoe07
Full Access Member

Tahoe07 is on a distinguished road

If I get most of what I already have on XM and get some of the better portions of Siruis I'd be happy.

I assume that they will transmit some Sirius programming on some of the lesser used or least popular XM channels.

No ones current receiver will receive both types of programming so they will most likely go this way, at least at first.
Tahoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

I just fear that the SIRIUS watered down programming will dominate, as in the early days XM played more obscure stuff, and Music Lab really made XM special.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #4
bparker
Full Access Member

bparker is on a distinguished road

I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time.

To each his own - but I feel the other way around. I am not for the merger either as I dont want the XM playlists
bparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

JKmotorsports is on a distinguished road

From recent meetings with our company's XM and Sirius reps, they (reps) said they will offer packages that have available channels from both current channel lineups. In other words, a News and Talk package, Comedy, Sports, etc. And they mentioned you can keep your current subscriber and pick your own channels from the other line-up for your own customized channel line-up. But they also said the merger would be completed by the end of 07.
JKmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Rollin Thunder
Full Access Member

Rollin Thunder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker View Post
I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time.

To each his own - but I feel the other way around. I am not for the merger either as I dont want the XM playlists
i dont like sirisu music, but i like their sports channels, i mean who needs an elvis channel:skep:

whats funny is sirius plays people i have never heard of and Xm plays all my favorites. but i think it matters who you started with, i went with XM first, know what all their channels have and like their programming, il bet if i started with sirius i would prefer them.

im not sure about the merger, i would like it in someways, but yea, would hate it for others. i also fear we would get commercials.

i think sirius wants the merger more than XM as they are hurting alot more than XM. i mean xm is like 6 times the size, and makes more money. another reason i think sirius radio wants the merger is that sirius has direct stuff on their website, and XM does not even mention it, they just talk about their stuff and programming.
:thumbsup:

Last edited by Rollin Thunder; 02-07-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

It would seem that this merger won't happen as it has taken over a year to get approval.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
speedr1023
Full Access Member

speedr1023 is on a distinguished road

I am definitely a sirius fan. I actually made sure that my tahoe didn't come with the XM package. I've heard their stations and don't care for them. And how do you figure out their stations, I mean come on names like fred and ethel what the hell is that? anyways, as a sirius stock holder, I hope the deal goes through to recoup some lost money, but as a listener, I hope it doesn't. I think that they we will lose some good sirius stations and its only a matter of time before the commercials start rolling freely on all channels.
speedr1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedr1023 View Post
I am definitely a sirius fan. I actually made sure that my tahoe didn't come with the XM package. I've heard their stations and don't care for them. And how do you figure out their stations, I mean come on names like fred and ethel what the hell is that? anyways, as a sirius stock holder, I hope the deal goes through to recoup some lost money, but as a listener, I hope it doesn't. I think that they we will lose some good sirius stations and its only a matter of time before the commercials start rolling freely on all channels.
You are right about the commercials, and when that happens, I might as well just go back to MP3 and FM.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
YukonMud
Full Access Member

YukonMud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker View Post
I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time......

Same here!
YukonMud is offline   Reply With Quote