Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2007 + Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Welcome to the Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum.
Register to remove these ads.

General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum General Discussion Forum

Old 03-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
cblalock0027
Tahoeforum Noob

cblalock0027 is on a distinguished road
Service Stabilitrak Message

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Last week we purchased a 2007 Yukon XL with 17,000 miles. After driving for about 40 miles the ABS light came on along with a message flashing between Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control. One we turn the vehicle off the message goes away but it always seems to come back on at some point. We took it into the dealership and they said that they had not had a Yukon come in with that code before, so basicly they did nothing. We are taking it in again in the morning, but just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Thanks!
cblalock0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
jamac36
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

jamac36 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblalock0027
Last week we purchased a 2007 Yukon XL with 17,000 miles. After driving for about 40 miles the ABS light came on along with a message flashing between Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control. One we turn the vehicle off the message goes away but it always seems to come back on at some point. We took it into the dealership and they said that they had not had a Yukon come in with that code before, so basicly they did nothing. We are taking it in again in the morning, but just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Thanks!
I've had that problem once on my 07 Yukon XL but once i restarted it it went away.Took it to the steelership they says if problem happens again to bring it in and that was only after 4,000 mile and i brought mine new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 YUKON HYBRID 020.jpg (64.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 07 YUKON HYBRID 010.jpg (77.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by jamac36; 03-05-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Add new pics
jamac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
cblalock0027
Tahoeforum Noob

cblalock0027 is on a distinguished road

It's really kind of strange. There doesn't seem to be any particular time that the code pops up. Sometimes I can drive it for 45 minutes and never get a message and other times it comes on after about 10 minutes. We are taking it back to the dealership this morning. Hopefully they can figure out what to do. Thanks!
cblalock0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
wedtwuk
Full Access Member

wedtwuk is on a distinguished road

I've had the same problem happen twice on my 07 Tahoe. Both times it went away when I turned off the engine and started it back up. I checked the report that automagically gets sent to Onstar the last couple of months. There is no record of anything abnormal happening as far as they are concerned. If it happens again I will take it to the dealer. Car has a little over 10,000 miles on it.
wedtwuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
Dave1441
Tahoeforum Noob

Dave1441 is on a distinguished road

I have had this problem several times and reported to my dealer. The dealer has contacted GM and was told that there is no fix for it at this time. I only get it when I'm pulling my trailer. It appears not to make a difference in the ride and goes a way when I turn off my car and then back on.
Dave1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

LAP TOP GAMER is on a distinguished road

try the Onstar diagnostic, maybe they know something, worth a shot.
LAP TOP GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
ugachs24
Full Access Member

ugachs24 is on a distinguished road

I've had that on my 2004 Tahoe, they had to replace one of the front Stabilitrak and traction control sensors.
ugachs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
Dave1441
Tahoeforum Noob

Dave1441 is on a distinguished road

Since posting my experience with this problem way back in August my 2007 Tahoe has had this problem at least eight (8) more times. Now four (4) of the latest occurrences have been happening without pulling my trailer.
About month ago I went back to my dealer and reported the problem to them again, letting them know it happens without a trailer being pulled as well, this time GM suggested that a wheel alignment was needed and it was done. So far the problem has not re-occurred, but I have not tried pulling trailer yet. The truck has less than 14,000 miles on it but in a month from now I will be taking a cross country trip from Long Island NY to CA and back pulling my 31’ travel trailer. I will report back here in June after the trip.

Regards Dave…
Dave1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #9
Hardin Thicke
Full Access Member

Hardin Thicke is on a distinguished road

I've had this happen to mine once. There is a note in my owner's manual that says if you get this message, to cycle the ignition once. If it doesn't clear, contact service.
Hardin Thicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #10
Getwired
Full Access Member

Getwired is on a distinguished road

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
What did Onstar diagnostics say? Onstar diagnostics indicated to me that there was a fuel delivery system problem. I had that message, along with "Service Traction Control", and believe it or not, it was due to a vacuum leak after I installed my intake. I think it also said "Reduced Engine Power". It was random, and seemed to happen within 5 - 15 minutes of starting to drive the truck. I apparently knocked a tube out of place on the top of the intake plenum under the "Vortec" cover... I doubt that's it for you, but hey, maybe it's worth a shot. Seems like the GM service techs wouldda caught that by now. I gotta believe they've got a new PCM program or something that fixes this.
Getwired is offline   Reply With Quote