Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2000 - 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > Audio, Video and Alarm Discussions

Welcome to the Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum.
Register to remove these ads.

Audio, Video and Alarm Discussions This forum is for discussing audio and video topics. Such as upgrading or repairing your A/V system.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
medic-04
Tahoeforum Noob

medic-04 is on a distinguished road
Default no sound from aftermarket stereo

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I have a 2001 yukon xl with onstar that is not used. I bought a new aftermarket stereo and installed with provided harness adapter. Power comes on and everything seems to work on the HU, but there is no sound. I searched around the web for anyone that might have the same problem but came up with only a few similar questions. the understanding i have is that the factory amplifier will conflict with the preamp built into the aftermarket stereo. but how do you bypass the preamp? The remote antenne is hooked up to the remote wire on the harness, but nothin'. Now there is the main harness input on the factory radio, and there is another 10 or so pin harness that also attatches to the back of the factory radio. There is nowhere for this other 10 pin connector to go on the aftermarket unit or harness adaptor. Is this related ? Someone PLEASE help!!!
medic-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Design
Full Access Member

Design is on a distinguished road

Do you have the factory BOSE system? If so that is how you should search. I have not run into the exact problem you have (still have factory head unit) but at least I can help point you in the right search direction.
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
greengumby
Full Access Member

greengumby is on a distinguished road

That "10 pin" harness is your aux features like the Xm radio ,onstar, DVD player , ETc. etc.. you should pull out your harness and re-verify that you are tapped into the speakers from your HU to the truck. Sometimes I have noticed if you use a harness thats non onstar with an onstar system the wiring is different.
even though you dont use onstar you still have the hardware hooked up. so thats why i said to verify from the HU that you are running into the correct audio wires to the truck through the harness. chances are you may be just tapped into the wrong wire simple fix ...
greengumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

JKmotorsports is on a distinguished road

On the 10 pin harness, you will need to power the pink wire. Run the remote turn on from your new stereo to this wire.
JKmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
tattootrig
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

tattootrig is on a distinguished road

Hi all... this is my first post here and I am sure it will not be my last. I just installed an aftermarket into my '02 and like this thread, had no sound. I used the pink wire jump like JK suggested and it now works like a champ. My question is, is it possible to get the onstar and the rear passenger controls to still work? The secondary controls are not that important, just seems strange to have something there that does not work.

Thanks alot guys, and thanks for a great forum.

Trigger
tattootrig is offline   Reply With Quote