03 Corvette Servo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metroman

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a 03 4X4 Tahoe some time back the Tranny seemed a bit sluggish shifting form 2nd to 3rd.I decided to change the tranny oil,filter and after much reading the A and B solenoid as well.I also wanted to replace the OE Servo with the Corvette Servo everything i read and watched online lead me to believe this was a fairly straight forward task.I need about an 1/8" or less to remove the darn thing.I can almost get it all of the way out but it hits the tunnel.My question is can i pull the retaining clip and take the first part off, have others run into this issue? I believe once i do that i should be able to remove the back half along with the shaft.
Any help would be great
Thanks in advance

metroman

Reaction score
I answered my own question,Yes you can remove the Servo in pieces if you don't have enough room to remove it in one piece.I ran into one obstacle the shaft had several burrs in it.I used a small very fine file to remove the burrs and out it came.
I'm very impressed with the result the transmission shifts like my old turbo 400.Its a great Mod and the price is right ($17.00)

fastpat

Reaction score
Do you have a resource for the Corvette servo and a part number?