1996 Tahoe Door switch replacement and question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Reaction score
Hello, my 2 door 1996 Tahoe door light switches were acting up, so I replaced them. After heading to work this morning and hitting the brakes, the lights came on and buzzer started buzzing. I hit the overide switch to turn out the light while driving but the buzzer continued. I found the driver side light switch was the problem and needed to be pressed in further to keep secure. I ordered them off ebay...GM OEM-Door Jamb Switch 88891785. Has anyone had this issue..is there a longer switch i can use? ..or i can put a beige felt tab on the door to make it press further like i did with my 92 Chevy truck..kind of tacky if noticed.

2nd question is when i replaced the passenger door light switch, i noticed only 2 wires on that side. Is that correct? or should there be 3 like the driver? I habe noticed the door buzzer will not work on that side but light activation will. Is that how it should work?
Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right track. #2 issue should be correct also...