2 things going on brakes and low beam headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darwinsti

Reaction score
First, Im so glad that there are forums out here for help.
I have a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 2 door, 8 cyl vortec
Ok, I had my brake master cylinder replaced 3 years ago. My husband changed the front breaks and bled them but something didn't do right as the pedal was extremely spongy. I took it to a "friends" brothers shop and he said it was my master cylinder and my husband should have never bled the brakes as you don't bleed the breakes on a 97 Tahoe?? ( I made a smart remark about it having a bleeder valve for just looks then?? Maybe I shouldnt have) The breaks have since ALWAYS been spongy even after he changed the master cylinder an me telling him that they weren't spongy like that before this all started. Never the less....What are my options for getting more pedal on my Tahoe as I LOVE driving it, it's my baby(my tank)

And now the next issue, about 3 months ago, i lost my low beams. No drl's no low beams just high beams. I bought a DRL module as someone said "its probably your DRL Module, it's just under your dash". I haven't switched it yet as i didn't know what other possibilities there might be out there before i do it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes, bleed them again, and again, and again, untill you are sick of brake fluid, there is still air in there, also bleed the rear drum brakes, they are probably in need as well.

Check the DRL RELAY, if it is out of socket low beams will be DOA.....

Could be the dimmer switch....