2016 Tahoe LT vibration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016TahoeLT

Reaction score
I purchased a 2016 Tahoe LT and it came with 18" rims I wanted 22" rims but it was the only silver one available at the time so I purchased it and had 22's put on. The Tahoe has a lot of vibration mainly between the speeds 72-75 mph. It sometimes gets so excessive I have to pull off the road. I have had 3 different sets of rims and 4 different sets of tires on the Tahoe trying to resolve the issue but it never goes away. The vibration feels like it comes from the power train and not the steering wheel. The dealer is now telling me my Tahoe was not designed for 22" wheels it has a suspension designed for 18" wheels. They are saying Chevy has a suspension designed for each wheel size 18", 20" and 22". I know this is not true but they are trying to sell me this hard. I see plenty of LT's with factory 22" rims. I know after doing research that in 2015 Tahoe's did have a vibration issue that they never seemed to fix not effecting everyone. I assuming it might still be existing I'm 2016. Does anyone have an LT with 22" rims?

QikNip

Reaction score
My very similar sounding vibration was caused by a bad front universal joint. Ironically it didn't make any noise, but indeed it was absouletly shot.
Rick