a/c help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody367

Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon and the a/c is not working. The ac clutch is not engaging. I jumped out the high and low pressure switches 1 at a time and found it to work when the low pressure is bypassed. So I went and bought a new switch figuring it was bad and the same thing happens with the new on. I pick up a second one thinking maybe it was defective but same thing. What could be the issue? Could it be low on Freon? I do not have gauges to check. It is about to get hot so want to get this fixed.

Mike51

Reaction score
Yes it absolutely could be low on freon & More than likely that is the case. Especially if when you jumped the low pressure switch out it turned on the compressor I would go buy a can of R134a if that's what you have at the auto parts store you can pick up a can with a gauge on it for 20 box and put the gauge on to see if you have any type of food reading at all if I was a Gambling Man I would say it's 99% of the time due to not having freon in the system or having low Freon as think about all the abuse the vehicle takes in theory air conditioning system is closed loop meaning it should never leak however on vehicles they always end up leaking start with a can of freon for 20 bucks in my opinion I'm using voice text because I'm driving but I wanted to reply for you hopefully it all makes sense LOL

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk