Barn door holder-opener/door check.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Okay, the subject is our '95 Suburban and the right barn door does not stay open as well as the left side. The check strap is present and can be disengaged (man! does THAT scare my fingers!) and it re-engages as it should. But there's not enough friction to hold the door in the open position when the strap in engaged. The previous (and original) owners would just wedge a piece of 2x4 in it, but, come on!....

Is there a repair or an adjustment for this? Or is it just worn out?....Is it a matter of replacing the check strap or other components? I've done a pretty thorough search on the forum for barn doors in general, so chances are it's something stupid-simple that I just haven't stumbled on yet....

Thanx!!
Jeff P.
Raleigh, NC USA!​

sntrym95

Reaction score
Sounds like the hold spring might be worn out or broken. You can get a new one for $12 online, or cheaper at your local pull yard.