Center Console Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoeSPL

Reaction score
Alrighty guys, while fixing little things on my tahoe since getting it just a few weeks ago, i've come to the conclusion that these center consoles arnt the best. in my explorer, i just built a center console that was big, comfy, and went all the way up to the dash for more storage space. but i am looking for more of a factory look. and have done some searching around and have seen that 01' hoe consoles will fit in my 2000 z71 with a little bit of modifications. so hopefully tomorrow a local shop will get back to me on a price for one they have in a car they are parting out, and i can begin the process. anybody in here done something like this? have also seen that the 99 ford expedition consoles will fit right in with no mods needed other than for mounting.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the caddy and gmc denali consoles need no mods at all and look really good!! I have one in my 2 door tahoe and i have wired the 6 disc cd changer in instead of the single cd in dash and it works great... they are hard to find but look really good!! went back and got some pics of it installed...

Last edited:

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for some reaosn i cant upload my pics... sorry ill have to try at home, i do have the pics posted in this forum tho if you want to search my name...

it gives you two storage compartments, one large one small, 4 extra cup holders 2 in the front and 2 in the rear, two cubbys, and it comes up higer for it to be used as a actual arm rest...

HoeSPL

Reaction score
i love the gmc and caddy ones, but they are super rare here in central cali. i cant even find a stock center console in my local pick n pull's. my center console wouldn't be so bad if my cup holder piece wouldnt have broke. and to get a new one they want like 60 bucks for a tiny little cup insert! so im gunna try and do something a little different. and being a huge audio competitor ill have some room in the center console of the nbs to put some mids and tweets. =] but if i come up in a caddy one ill take it in a heartbeat. lol