Changing Old Parts before they go bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gary350

Reaction score
We us our 1999 Chevy Tahoe to pull our RV all over the USA. We are old fossils getting close to 70 and don't want to get stranded along the highway 1000 miles from home. It only has 130,000. and is running good. Now it has $4000 worth of new parts, 4 new wheel cylinders, 2 new rotors, 2 brake drums, all new brake pads, new master cylinder, 4 new shocks, new U joints, 4 new tires, new alternator, new distributor cap & rotor, new spark plugs & wires, all new engine sensors, new cooling system thermostat, new fuel system injector spider, and more. Good as new ready to drive another 10 years but now wife says she does not trust it, she refuses to go camping until I sell the 1999 Tahoe and buy a new vehicle. 4 WD works perfect & has tow package. Much as I hate to it will be listed on Nashville TN Craigslist very soon. I am going to miss 4WD we have never gotten stuck.

Last edited: