FS 96 Tahoe 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allbline96821

Reaction score
I am selling my blacked out 96 2 door Tahoe which I treated as a weekend driver. I also got a daily-driver sedan and I am in need of cash and have no need for owning 2 cars in the situation I am currently in. This truck has been babied and I absolutely hate to sell it but I need the cash so its gotta go. May consider a trade for a small pickup with cash on top. My original plan was to fully restore it and keep it for many years to come so I have spent A LOT of money getting it to the shape its in now. ONLY 17K ON THE REBUILT MOTOR AND RECENTLY SWAPPED TRANNY (low mileage tranny off of a '99, exact mileage unknown but runs like new). Simply a boss truck. Starts and runs like a champ.

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
CLEAN TITLE
2 door model w/ rear barn doors
automatic 2wd
power everything
color matched black grille and bumpers
rebuilt 5.7L v8 Vortec
swapped with lower mileage tranny off of a '99--exact mileage unknown but runs perfectly and only ~23k has been put onto it since the swap)
new spark plugs/wires/cap/rotor
HD transmission cooler
short ram intake
Flowmaster 40 series exhaust
1.5" drop
chrome 24" Lenso rims w/ N2 tire valve caps
255/30/24 Nexen low-profile tires w/ 90% tread (just spent $1000 on these tires alone several months ago)
Optima redtop battery

The following has been done/replaced within the last 6 months and I can provide receipts for most. All parts are authentic GM replacement parts:
flywheel
starter
thermostat
both taillights (housing and socket assemblies)
both turn signal housings
restored headlights
both idler arms
pitman arm
coolant temperature sensor + gasket
fuel pump
fuel pump sending unit
oil filter
fuel filter
gold front Chevy emblem (everything else de-badged)

Other cool things:
8000k HIDs
limo tint (20% over the privacy glass on the rear windows, 5% front sides, 5% windshield strip)
JVC double din deck w/ bluetooth cell phone mic
leather steering wheel cover
sport pedals
Bosch excel wiper blades

Never been raced or off-roaded. Upkeeping and maintenance done religiously. Interior could use some TLC but the mechanicals and exterior is prime. Big head turner that gets compliments on the regular.

$5200 OBO takes it. MY LOSS, YOUR GAIN I am hurting on cash.

Located in San Diego, Cali, but will send out of state if money is directly deposited to me. No Western Union/Moneygrams

THANKS!

see for pics
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3255799099.html

disregard the price listed on the craigslist ad. lower price listed on this forum

Last edited:

allbline96821

Reaction score
tranny

forgot all about the swapped tranny! i edited my original post so see above^